cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fahim_2020
Adept I

Ryzen 5 3400G

When I close any program, example- VSCode, Ofiice, Edge, GPU spikes every time. I've updated to Win10 v2004 but this didn't get fixed. How to solve this? Or is it normal? will it do any harm to my PC?

Note: I've disabled (Hardware Graphic Accelerator when available) at edge browser and by then, it is not spiking at GPU only when i close edge. But for other software's, it is happening. Both at windows software's and other software's. 

Spec:

Ryzen5 3400G

B450M- A PRO MAX Motherboard

WD 120GB M.2 SSD

Corsair 3200hz DDR4 Ram

Revenger 350W PSU 

Gamemax H602 gaming case

Please response. I'm facing too much trouble for this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The same thing happens to me and I don't use AMD GPU-CPU. This issue seems normal. And I use Windows 2004 (HAGS is enabled). When this happens, I do not think it will be a problem if you do not experience freezing in mouse movements or the images.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

What's going on, sir? What is the problem? Can you please explain clearly? Does it close on its own? Does the system freeze? Or is it a restart?

0 Likes

The OP, I believe, is saying that his APU Vega graphics spikes intermittently while using the computer normally.

He wants to know if this is normal or something he should need to take care off.

Found a couple of old threads where a User is asking a similar question:

1- https://forums.evga.com/2080-GPU-Usage-as-high-as-100-and-desktop-no-gaming-m2910259.aspx 

2-GPU 3D usage spikes to 100%, black screen and crash in games | Tom's Hardware Forum 

3-https://community.amd.com/thread/244284  (this one MSTFBSRN980 was troubleshooting for the OP)

Capture.PNG

This is what happened to me after Edge was closed. Maybe the operating system will free up video memory. Or it does a similar job and causes an instant load. I thought the problem was the driver. But it does seem like a normal situation. 

This is exactly what my concern was about. I mean when I close any Software, no matter windows software or a third party, GPU as shown above spiked high at 100%. This also was happening to me until I off the (hardware accelerator if available) on edge. I too updated the driver but it still is happening. I even updated my OS to build 2004. 

Btw, is that 3400g of your? Thanks. 

Nop, I have 8600k. Goodbye...

0 Likes

Any suggestion for this? Or it is normal? 

0 Likes

The same thing happens to me and I don't use AMD GPU-CPU. This issue seems normal. And I use Windows 2004 (HAGS is enabled). When this happens, I do not think it will be a problem if you do not experience freezing in mouse movements or the images.

nothing happens. Just when closing down any app/software, APU spiked at 100%. If you want, shall I make a video?

0 Likes
OoMAZoO
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with 3400 g . No programs open..and gpu Spyke from 0 to 100 each second....clock velocity is stuck to 200 MHz. Is this something bad for my CPU/gpu?

IMG-20221124-WA0101.jpeg

0 Likes