cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

soaresra
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3400g - Problems to use onboard video in Philips HDMI FullHD TV

Hello people. I have a question using Processes Ryzen 5 3400g, now using a Gigabyte B450M DS3H motherboard with an 8GB ADATA memory, 240GB Scandisk SSD HDD with Windows 10. The problem is that when I turn on the PC on the TV using the HDMI port the computer starts with strange behavior, I can hardly type and when in POST situation it gets very slow. The TV in question is a Philips 50 "FullHD. I have not yet been able to connect a monitor, but I had this problem using another motherboard, in this case an ASUS. Is this a limitation of the processor? 

0 Likes
2 Replies

Try changing the HDTV settings to Resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz also in Windows Settings - Display.  See if that makes a difference.

Try running at 3840x2160@60 Hz and see if it works better after trying 1920x1080@60 Hz. From what I have read it will work with 4K Resolutions but maybe you will need to lower the Hz to make it work correctly.

The Specs on your IGPU Graphics for your Motherboard: B450M DS3H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

Here is the specs on the RX Vega 11 Graphics:AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database 

EDIT: Since you didn't post your Computer specs nor HDTV Model number I am assuming you don't have a GPU card installed and are just using the IGPU of the Processor for your main Graphics Display.

If so, make sure in BIOS/UEFI you have the Maximum RAM Memory assigned to the IGPU of 2 Gbytes. This will make the IGPU run better and faster.

Possibly add more RAM Memory from 8 Gbytes to 16 Gbytes will help speed up your computer. If your IGPU is using 2 Gbytes of RAM Memory than that leaves only 6 Gbytes of RAM Memory to run Windows and all your other apps.

Hello elstaci, grateful for your technical clarification.

I'm using it now directly through the DVI port without adapters on an HP V204 Monitor which also has the same port and I'm using the original monitor cable so everything is running perfectly. I also installed the latest version of AMD Adrenalin 2020 driver and it greatly improved performance. I'll try more later in my TV again.

Best Regards.

Ricardo Alsoa