cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

evovch
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3400G not handling 1080p youtube video?

Hi there!

I've built a machine of the following configuration:

APU: Ryzen 5 3400G;
Motherboard: MSI B450 gaming plus max;
SSD: WD black SN750 NVMe SSD 500GB;
RAM: Corsair vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4;
2560x1440 display via HDMI;
No graphics card - I'm running the integrated GPU.

And I have freezes while watching youtube 1080p videos?!

Really, is that enough of the power? Or there is something wrong with the settings?

I have to give some more details though.
When monitoring the hardware status using MSI afterburner I notice 100% usage of GPU, which hints me that exactly GPU is the bottleneck.
CPU core clocks are usually at about 3075, occasionally cranking up to 4000-ish when running a game. Overall, the numbers are far from their limit.

What also concerns me is the RAM frequency. The modules are spec-ed 3000MHz.
CPU-Z shows DRAM Frequency 1066 MHz. I suspect as I've put the modules into slots 2 and 4, I am running in dual-channel, thus real frequency is 2166 MHz.
This could very well be the reason, right? I have no idea yet how to set it up to proper frequency and why it is not higher by default.

Best regards,
Egor.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ciritobb
Journeyman III

It happens exactly the same, I have a Ryzen 5 5400G and sometimes my GPU goes at 100% while I play youtube videos in 1080p or in any other platform, and then the video goes choppy and lags. I thought that is was due my hdd or maybe was because my pc had a virus but it was not the case. If you find out the solution please reply in this post, I will reply if I find out something. Thanks!

0 Likes
kurdtnz
Adept III

Both my kids systems use 3400G's no problem. Have you enabled XMP in the BIOS for your RAM? What PSU are you using? Are your chipset/graphic drivers up to date?

0 Likes