cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Percussion
Adept II

Ryzen 5 3400G Freezes with black screen (in game or benchmark). i have to restart it with button

Hello Guys. a French New Amd user here ! (sorry for my english)

I'm having full freeze with black screen. while gaming or on heavy gpu load. and here is all what i tried to do with all the details and my system.

- Motherboard : Gigabyte b450m s2h  F51 bios version (i had a older bios version  and had the same problem so i upgraded the bios to F51 and i'm still having this problem) with latest drivers (chipset/audio/lan) from website at this day.

- APU AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with the Latest AMD Adrenallin driver (tried two versions latest recommended one and still having the same problem and then installed the lastest optional one and still having the issue)

- Ram : Adata ddr4 2666mhz 1.2v 8gbx2 (so 16gb of ram)

- (a lot of cooling and no high temps problem any where, i have 3 front fans, 2 back exaust all in 120mm, i tried testing the glass case open, and its cool these days since its winter)

- PSU : i had a cheap Xigmatek 450w bronze+, i bought i new one since i thought it was the PSU, so i bought a Cooler Master MWE modular 750W GOLD+ (and still have the same problem)    

- Simple keyboard and mouse, no RGB apps or anything related.

- i did a fresh new windows 10 install, with the media creation tool. and still having the problem

-COMPAQ monitor 21inchs connected with DVI (from MONITOR) to HDMI (pc) (adapter cable) may be its this what causing the problem ? may be i'll buy a DVI TO DVI Cable and see

Please help i'm tired i need a solution 

0 Likes
3 Replies
felix70x
Journeyman III

Hello, were you able to solve this? i have literally the same problem since i bought my pc and tried literally everything, i'm going crazy !

0 Likes

What are your RAM/memory timings set to?

Your issue sounds like its your RAM settings.  You may want to look at that in BIOS and set it accordingly. If you are using an XMP profile you might want to test it with XMP disabled to see if the game runs stable, if it does then you've just isolated it to your XMP profile.  Try a different XMP profile if you have one (Some Memory sticks have two XMP profiles to select from) , or venture into maybe manually overclocking your RAM/memory speed and timing settings (that's a little advanced) but it will be worth the effort.

Your issue reminds me of a build I did my little nephew last year of my old Ryzen 5 2600 and X470 Gaming board, RX 550 4GB GPU, and DDR4 3200 CL16 RAM.  His system would freeze constantly, it turned out the XMP profile for 3200 DDR4 was too much for the system, so dialing it down to DDR4 3000 CL16 made it much stable.   Now I probably could have lowered the Command Rate from 1T to 2T and that probably would have accomplished the same goal as well. Food for thought.

0 Likes

Do you have a discord or a place to communicate better? , since this is a post from another person and I do not want to disturb

0 Likes