cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Percussion
Adept II

Re: RYZEN 5 3400G CRASHES PLEASE I TRIED EVERY THING

Now i run Heaven benchmark 3 time in a row with ultra settings and it was a success no problems at all, same for OCCT TEST and CPU-Z

- but Fortnite keeps crashing my pc.

0 Kudos
ScotchFury
Elite

Have any other games installed you could try?

Could be an issue with Direct..? Fairly sure the heaven bench mark is DX11. Fortnite might be using DX12..?

0 Kudos
ScotchFury
Elite

Normally that would be related to corrupt or inaccessible memory address.. Or less likely some level of corrupt Windows system files or even rarer a program or malicious program preventing programs to access some system components.. Which I doubt as that would probably be effecting alot more than just games.

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling DirectX? Could be worth a try..?

Also have you tried each RAM stick by themselves..? I'm leaning towards RAM or less likely maybe MB issue since you're using integrated graphics. 

0 Kudos
Percussion
Adept II

Hello.

Well i was able to finish a full game of fortnite without any crash and this is what i did :

- increase cpu offset voltage i added 0.12volt.

- i limited the game FPS to 60fps (previously was 120fps)

- fortnite was using dx11 and not 12 (but there is a setting if you want to change to dx12)

I don't know if its the final solution i'm still testing. 

**How to download/update directX ? i don't know how.

0 Kudos
Percussion
Adept II

Omg !!!

- today the pc didn’t wanna boot up. Starts but stays on black screen.

- i took the 2nd ram from 2ram slot and restarted the pc and it did boot !!!

- i tested both rams on slot 1 they both work. I also tested the rams on slot 2. Pc doesnt boot

- so my 2nd ram slot is dead ? Omg 😞

0 Kudos
ScotchFury
Elite

Could possibly be..

I'm just not 100% sure if running one stick on the 2nd channel only will work.. not something I've tried.. I know one stick on the 1st channel works fine..

Can anyone else confirm or answer that..?

benman2785
Big Boss

mh, try to do a CMOS and clean the ram-slots with a dry toothbrush (unused)

also: GigaByte did a poor job on their BIOS in A/B/X 300er and some 400er

try to run game after CMOS and cleaning with EVERYTHING on AUTO (no OC/UV no XMP etc)

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
Percussion
Adept II

After Cmos and some light cleaning ( i dont have what to clean its a new build). the PC booted with the Two rams working fine.

- I played games for two days no problem and then i was just on youtube watching a video on full screen and BOUM BSOD saying notskrnl.exe and IRQL not less or equal.

- 😞 i'm tired be cause i can't find what is the problem. i mean i tried both rams on slot 1 they work. both rams on slot 2 they didnt work, they worked only after some cleaning and cmos but u see its not stable i get some random BSOD.

any clues ? may be more ram slot cleaning ? may be ram slot pins ? may be a bad bios ? i have the latest F60 version. may be bad drivers ? 

0 Kudos
Percussion
Adept II

may be  increasing the DRAM Voltage ??

0 Kudos
ScotchFury
Elite

Weird things can happen.. Maybe one of the solder joints or similar has a micro crack, similar or a small defect in the 2nd RAM slot..? Don't know any one that has a PC running DDR 4 you could test your sticks on?

From a quick read on the net if working  normally it should still Boot with just one stick in any slot be it MBs with just 2 or 4 slots 

0 Kudos