Now i run Heaven benchmark 3 time in a row with ultra settings and it was a success no problems at all, same for OCCT TEST and CPU-Z
- but Fortnite keeps crashing my pc.
Have any other games installed you could try?
Could be an issue with Direct..? Fairly sure the heaven bench mark is DX11. Fortnite might be using DX12..?
Normally that would be related to corrupt or inaccessible memory address.. Or less likely some level of corrupt Windows system files or even rarer a program or malicious program preventing programs to access some system components.. Which I doubt as that would probably be effecting alot more than just games.
Have you tried downloading and reinstalling DirectX? Could be worth a try..?
Also have you tried each RAM stick by themselves..? I'm leaning towards RAM or less likely maybe MB issue since you're using integrated graphics.
Well i was able to finish a full game of fortnite without any crash and this is what i did :
- increase cpu offset voltage i added 0.12volt.
- i limited the game FPS to 60fps (previously was 120fps)
- fortnite was using dx11 and not 12 (but there is a setting if you want to change to dx12)
I don't know if its the final solution i'm still testing.
**How to download/update directX ? i don't know how.
- today the pc didn’t wanna boot up. Starts but stays on black screen.
- i took the 2nd ram from 2ram slot and restarted the pc and it did boot !!!
- i tested both rams on slot 1 they both work. I also tested the rams on slot 2. Pc doesnt boot
- so my 2nd ram slot is dead ? Omg 😞
Could possibly be..
I'm just not 100% sure if running one stick on the 2nd channel only will work.. not something I've tried.. I know one stick on the 1st channel works fine..
Can anyone else confirm or answer that..?
mh, try to do a CMOS and clean the ram-slots with a dry toothbrush (unused)
also: GigaByte did a poor job on their BIOS in A/B/X 300er and some 400er
try to run game after CMOS and cleaning with EVERYTHING on AUTO (no OC/UV no XMP etc)
After Cmos and some light cleaning ( i dont have what to clean its a new build). the PC booted with the Two rams working fine.
- I played games for two days no problem and then i was just on youtube watching a video on full screen and BOUM BSOD saying notskrnl.exe and IRQL not less or equal.
- 😞 i'm tired be cause i can't find what is the problem. i mean i tried both rams on slot 1 they work. both rams on slot 2 they didnt work, they worked only after some cleaning and cmos but u see its not stable i get some random BSOD.
any clues ? may be more ram slot cleaning ? may be ram slot pins ? may be a bad bios ? i have the latest F60 version. may be bad drivers ?
Weird things can happen.. Maybe one of the solder joints or similar has a micro crack, similar or a small defect in the 2nd RAM slot..? Don't know any one that has a PC running DDR 4 you could test your sticks on?
From a quick read on the net if working normally it should still Boot with just one stick in any slot be it MBs with just 2 or 4 slots