cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Percussion
Adept II

RYZEN 5 3400G CRASHES PLEASE I TRIED EVERY THING

Hello I'm having a full freeze with black screen. while gaming or on gpu load (2-5 minutes of any game). and here is all what i tried to do with all the details and my system.

- Motherboard : Gigabyte b450m s2h with the latest F60 bios version (i had a older bios version  and had the same problem so i upgraded the bios to F51 and i'm still having this problem and then to F60 and still the same prob) with latest drivers (chipset/audio/lan) from gigabyte website at this day.

- APU AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with the Latest AMD Adrenalin driver (tried two versions latest recommended one and still having the same problem and then installed the latest optional one and still having the issue)

- Ram : Adata ddr4 2666mhz 1.2v 8gbx2 (so 16gb of ram)

- (a lot of cooling and no high temps problem anywhere, i have 3 front fans, 2 back exhaust all in 120mm, i tried testing the glass case open, and it's cool these days since its winter)

- PSU : i had a cheap Xigmatek 450w bronze+, i bought i new one since i thought it was the PSU, so i bought a Cooler Master MWE modular 750W GOLD+ (and still have the same problem)    

- Simple keyboard and mouse, no RGB apps or anything related.

- i have the latest windows 10 version, i did a fresh new windows 10 install, with the media creation tool. and still having the problem

-COMPAQ monitor 21inchs tried to connect it with DVI or with HDMI still the same problem

-Storage : Adata SU630 SSD 240gb (system) / Toshiba 1tb HDD 7200rpm (for storage and games)

- tried to overclock or underclock and then resetting default bios settings and nothing, nothing juste noooothinggg.

Please help i'm tired i need a solution 

0 Likes
54 Replies

now both slots are working ? i dont understand. and when i use only the slot near to the CPU i get a lot of BSOD

0 Likes

Apparently that's how it is done. See the motherboard manual. In the case of boards with 4 memory slots, most often with two dice, they are inserted into slots 2 and 4 when viewed from the processor side.

0 Likes

- both ram slot are working after cmos and getting bios to default settings

- well my problem now its the timings and the speed of my ram, i didnt find yet my most stable speed or timing.

- still want my system to be stable (iven if i can only use the cpu with no integrated graphics) i will buy a GPU. looking for stable speeds and timings

tonight i'm gonna try to flash the bios again may be go for a older version.

0 Likes

Hello.

- my pc is not stable with dual channel mode (every test software crash my pc) and pc doesnt boot

- in single channel win one ram only in the farthest slot from CPU the pc is stable and the tests are good and no crash

0 Likes

i have the latest bios.

i read somwhere about memorry controller so i tried 2T /  1T / i tried gear down i trried everything nothing just not stable in dual channel or doesnt boot and stuck in loop boot

single channel is super stable

0 Likes

It may also be that the processor is damaged. Then. it would have to be replaced. My suggestion is to find a computer service here where you live and take them to check. I am not a fairy. And I don't have the crystal ball. And it's hard to tell from a distance.

0 Likes

nah i dont think its the CPU

what EXACT RAM do you have - and what EXACT MoBo (also version if there is more than one)
also check what RAM modules you have (like Samsung B-Die or Hynix C-Die etc)

i will tell you what Bios to flash and how to set RAM

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

@benman2785  hello.

- I have a Gigabyte b450M s2h with bios version 60H (latest)

- Ram is Kingstone Hyper X fury 8GB x 2 (16GB) 3200mhz (HX432C16FB3AK2/16)

Update : 

- I bought a GTX 1650 Super (now the system is super stable with only one stick of ram in the farthest slot from cpu)

- When i put ram in ram slot near to cpu pc doesn't boot (BOOT CYCLE) and iven if it boots it gives me 1000 BSOD and crashes 

Now i just wanna try to get my pc to work with dual channel (ram only for cpu processing) since now i bought a dedicated GPU

0 Likes

still sounds like a broken MoBo

i will check settings for your RAM

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

By adding a graphics card, you will not repair either the motherboard or the processor. If you can't handle it, take it to the site.

0 Likes

Weird things can happen.. Maybe one of the solder joints or similar has a micro crack, similar or a small defect in the 2nd RAM slot..? Don't know any one that has a PC running DDR 4 you could test your sticks on?

From a quick read on the net if working  normally it should still Boot with just one stick in any slot be it MBs with just 2 or 4 slots 

0 Likes

-the first SLOT works great with both ram sticks 

-the second slot (one time didnt wanna work the pc dont boot, i tried both sticks in slot 2 and nothing)

- Now both slots are working but not stable i get BSOD

0 Likes

Yeah from everything I could quickly find online it should at least boot and run as long as there is 1 in slot..

Probably be a good idea to run one stick for a day & then the other just to make sure there reliable. And if so new Motherboard time? Or warranty if not too old?

Now i run Heaven benchmark 3 time in a row with ultra settings and it was a success no problems at all, same for OCCT TEST and CPU-Z

- but Fortnite keeps crashing my pc.

0 Likes

Have any other games installed you could try?

Could be an issue with Direct..? Fairly sure the heaven bench mark is DX11. Fortnite might be using DX12..?

0 Likes