cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Percussion
Adept II

RYZEN 5 3400G CRASHES PLEASE I TRIED EVERY THING

Hello I'm having a full freeze with black screen. while gaming or on gpu load (2-5 minutes of any game). and here is all what i tried to do with all the details and my system.

- Motherboard : Gigabyte b450m s2h with the latest F60 bios version (i had a older bios version  and had the same problem so i upgraded the bios to F51 and i'm still having this problem and then to F60 and still the same prob) with latest drivers (chipset/audio/lan) from gigabyte website at this day.

- APU AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with the Latest AMD Adrenalin driver (tried two versions latest recommended one and still having the same problem and then installed the latest optional one and still having the issue)

- Ram : Adata ddr4 2666mhz 1.2v 8gbx2 (so 16gb of ram)

- (a lot of cooling and no high temps problem anywhere, i have 3 front fans, 2 back exhaust all in 120mm, i tried testing the glass case open, and it's cool these days since its winter)

- PSU : i had a cheap Xigmatek 450w bronze+, i bought i new one since i thought it was the PSU, so i bought a Cooler Master MWE modular 750W GOLD+ (and still have the same problem)    

- Simple keyboard and mouse, no RGB apps or anything related.

- i have the latest windows 10 version, i did a fresh new windows 10 install, with the media creation tool. and still having the problem

-COMPAQ monitor 21inchs tried to connect it with DVI or with HDMI still the same problem

-Storage : Adata SU630 SSD 240gb (system) / Toshiba 1tb HDD 7200rpm (for storage and games)

- tried to overclock or underclock and then resetting default bios settings and nothing, nothing juste noooothinggg.

Please help i'm tired i need a solution 

0 Likes
54 Replies
ScotchFury
Challenger

Could try reseating RAM and all internal power connectors?

Could try running your RAM one stick instead the two to ensure one isn't faulty? Also try both sticks by themselves and try both slots in the off chance one of the MB's RAM slots has issue.

Get Windows event viewer to see if there is any log giving more info to what is triggering it? may give clue to if HW or software issue?

Could try using the Radeon display driver removal tool  to completely remove all graphic drivers & software & try reinstall. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

** If you go Start, type Admin Tools. It should open a App list with Administrative & diag. Apps. Check event viewer for recurring critical errors and in system administrators.

*** Could also try opening multiple web browsers etc. To max out RAM usage as a way to check there isn't a faulty RAM chip that glitches under high load.

Hopefully that might give some hint to what's triggering it..?

Thanks for the quick reply. 

- My motherboard only has 2 Ram slots so... may be i will try to use only one Ram stick at a time. but i did the memtest64 from techpowerup and it shows me no errors or problems

- The event viewer tells me that it is a critical error (kernel power 41 (63) ) after each freeze and hard restart

- And yes i tried to uninstall the AMD radeon drivers with the AMD cleanup utility and reinstalled the latest drivers and still the same thing

0 Likes

Hmm.. the Kernel power error is just a standard error for improper / unexpected restart..

I'd try doing a BIOS factory reset to make sure there isn't something weird or incorrect set in there.. Also give the 1 stick of RAM a try to rule out a faulty stick..

Remember to try each stick singularly and in each slot.

Also try opening enough apps, browser tabs etc. to completely fill your memory to see if that triggers the error..

Does it flash a BSOD error code while outputting an error log? Or does it just go from working to instant reboot..?

- Okay doing a bios factory reset is its loading default setting ? if its that i already did it and nothing. 

- i will try do open a lot of tabs and see

- i get a lot of black screen freezing with the sound freezed of my earphones. and one time i got this error message from amd software after the game crashed (fortnite) : we have detected a driver timeout on your system 

but i couldn't control anything, the desktop was bloked had to restart with the botton anyway, 

- yeah it goes from working really good (good fps, smooth graphics, everythings good,) to (instant freez and crash and no control so i have to restart from reset botton)

0 Likes

The AMD software has a habit of resetting graphic settings or GPU OCs on certain crashes even if it wasn't the cause..  

It really sounds alot like a memory issue.. especially since you're using integrated graphics and not a discrete GPU (Actual Vid. Card)..? 

Give the memory a try seperately and see if that gives any clue.. try the opening heaps of apps to see if filling the MEM has any effect first as that's an easy test...

benman2785
Big Boss

hey - Gigabyte with its 300er and 400er MoBos have problems with XMP - and this is especially true when using an APU!

i suggest this steps:

1. CMOS
2. leave everything auto and test
3. if 2. is stable than ONLY activate XMP (do 3-4 restarts in a row without gaming - then test games)
4. if this is stable considering OC or UV of CPU in Bios
5. if its now unstable again and you get bluescreens etc - do 1-3. again and then go to 6.
6. use ZenStates (on github) to OC and UV

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

- what do you mean by ’stable’ in number 2 In idle it is stable yes but after minutes of gaming no its not.

0 Likes

He means try doing a full reset to defaults in the BOIS. 

Then with either the AMD Radeon Software or MSI Afterburn etc.  Do a full reset to defaults.. then whatever the enable manual tuning and drop the FEQ & MEM speed by 5 - 10% and see if not working the GPU quite so hard might help..

** Another idea to test.. You can run GPU-Z, on the RHS approximately half way down you'll see a greenish tick. Select that and start the render test. Run that for a reasonable time and see if that  will make it crash or have issue.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/&ved=2ahUKEwjQ...

Can also run the render test in full screen 

well i tried to :

- get bios to default settings and then go from 2600mhz to 2400mhz with/ and auto voltage (1.2) : after 15 min of playing or setting in desktop i get CRASH or BSOD SAYING : (IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL)

- tried also to go with 2600mhz with 1.3volts same thing.

0 Likes

Normally that would be related to corrupt or inaccessible memory address.. Or less likely some level of corrupt Windows system files or even rarer a program or malicious program preventing programs to access some system components.. Which I doubt as that would probably be effecting alot more than just games.

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling DirectX? Could be worth a try..?

Also have you tried each RAM stick by themselves..? I'm leaning towards RAM or less likely maybe MB issue since you're using integrated graphics. 

0 Likes

Hello.

Well i was able to finish a full game of fortnite without any crash and this is what i did :

- increase cpu offset voltage i added 0.12volt.

- i limited the game FPS to 60fps (previously was 120fps)

- fortnite was using dx11 and not 12 (but there is a setting if you want to change to dx12)

I don't know if its the final solution i'm still testing. 

**How to download/update directX ? i don't know how.

0 Likes

Omg !!!

- today the pc didn’t wanna boot up. Starts but stays on black screen.

- i took the 2nd ram from 2ram slot and restarted the pc and it did boot !!!

- i tested both rams on slot 1 they both work. I also tested the rams on slot 2. Pc doesnt boot

- so my 2nd ram slot is dead ? Omg :(

0 Likes

Could possibly be..

I'm just not 100% sure if running one stick on the 2nd channel only will work.. not something I've tried.. I know one stick on the 1st channel works fine..

Can anyone else confirm or answer that..?

mh, try to do a CMOS and clean the ram-slots with a dry toothbrush (unused)

also: GigaByte did a poor job on their BIOS in A/B/X 300er and some 400er

try to run game after CMOS and cleaning with EVERYTHING on AUTO (no OC/UV no XMP etc)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

After Cmos and some light cleaning ( i dont have what to clean its a new build). the PC booted with the Two rams working fine.

- I played games for two days no problem and then i was just on youtube watching a video on full screen and BOUM BSOD saying notskrnl.exe and IRQL not less or equal.

- :( i'm tired be cause i can't find what is the problem. i mean i tried both rams on slot 1 they work. both rams on slot 2 they didnt work, they worked only after some cleaning and cmos but u see its not stable i get some random BSOD.

any clues ? may be more ram slot cleaning ? may be ram slot pins ? may be a bad bios ? i have the latest F60 version. may be bad drivers ? 

0 Likes

may be  increasing the DRAM Voltage ??

0 Likes

Welcome. Are the ADATA RAM memories you have on the compatibility list for your CPU and the motherboard you have?

Can you write what motherboard you have? manufacturer and model? And the exact memory model? It seems to me that the memories have a conflict with the processor and that's why they do.

hey : 

- MB : Gigabyte b450M s2h / with latest Bios version F60 / 

- Ram : Adata ad4u2666w8g19-b (8gb X 2)

0 Likes

It's to late to be trying to read that on my phone. I couldn't see that model there but I might have just not seen it..

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450m-s2h_matisse.pdf 

0 Likes

These ADATA memories are not on the list of supported ones on the Gigabyte website.
These are memories intended more for Intel processors, because they have CL 19 at 2666 MHz.

I would suggest choosing the memory supported for the Picasso processor with a frequency of 2933 or 3000 MHz. Ex: Corsair: CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W. And then we turn on XMP to speed them up.

The Ryzen 5 3400G (with embedded graphics) belongs to the Picasso family. So we choose memories for the Picasso family of processors.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_B450M-S2H_picasso.pdf

0 Likes

what if i overclock these ram sticks ?

- in the gigabyte supported ram list i found a lot of Adata 2666mhz with CL19 and 1.2v ( and these are my spec) its just not the exact same model but my rams have supported specs

0 Likes

They are, I know. But if you don't try with other memories, you won't know if I'm right or wrong.

0 Likes

so its either change the memory or buying a graphics card ?

0 Likes

If the memory has a conflict with the processor, adding an additional graphics card will not do anything.

well i think adding a graphics card will make my processor use less ram than it is right now. be cause the vega 11 graphics need a lot of ram and need quick ram speeds (a lot of data going on to do graphics) so yeah

right now i lowered the ram voltage by auto it was : 1.24v and i set it manually to 1.2v and we will see if its any good :(

i wish i had some ballistix 3000mhz ram on my hand to test with.

0 Likes

Look at the many thousands or even millions of desktops with Intel processors, such as Lenovo, Dell, HP and others, that work in different offices. They don't have any additional graphics cards. Also take a look at laptops, and even those with Ryzen processors, which also don't use additional graphics cards. And here the memories work stably. But you can see that someone had to carefully fit them. And you didn't match and now you have a problem.

hello guys iven After :

- Updating the chipset drivers and checking all drivers (latest radeon graphics adrelnalin driver) are up to date and windows is up to date.

- i'm 100% sure that my ram sticks are OK 

I still have BSOD and freezes ingame or freezes when i'm on desktop doing nothing 

(BSOD that i'm getting : KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE / DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER / KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED)

0 Likes

as i said - its a RAM problem...

just run the RAM on auto (2133MHz) and check again

btw - APUs are pretty picky with their RAM...

also flash the latest BIOS // have in mind some boards require to flash 1-3 other bios versions before you can flash the latest bios...

0 Likes

Hello guys well i have some news :

- I bought brand new ram sticks (2 x 8gb) so 16GB of Kingstone Hyperx RGB 3200mhz CL15 and i still get the same stupid problem its still freezing and iven worse i got less fps now

- buying and APU was the worst decision ever to be honest.

- a lot of money and time wasted to figure out an impossible problem. should of bought intel and nvidia GPU.

- now i'm so confused i litterally tried everything (flashing bios to the latest version, updating drivers)

- I still have a question : About the Chipset driver should i install the Motherboard's official site (OLD VERSION) or download the newer version (techpowerup website) SAME thing for the Adrenalin APU driver (from MB WEB SITE or from AMD APU WEB SITE)

???

THNKS

0 Likes

@Percussion 

i doubt that you RAM is on MoBos Compatibility list...
as it iis CL15 - and AMD Ryzen likes even numbers (like 14 or 16)

try to set your ram as DDR4-2933 16-18-18-38-52 1T with GearDown-Mode enabled

and i only know DDR4-3000CL15 from Kingston

0 Likes

- Bro it has two profiles 3000mhz c15 or 3200mhz cl 16

- and i think the compability list is not a thing that you should worship, its just some brands gigabyte took and tested (usually its publicity and **bleep**)

0 Likes

@Percussion 

NO the compatibility list IS to worship - as it guarantees working ram with xmp/docp
10-15 years ago there were times that some RAM that isnt on the list would even post your pc...

but as i said - try the settings i provided and check if its working fine

0 Likes

can u please aswer my question about what drivers to install (from motherboards website so old version or from amd website for newer version ?) thnks

0 Likes

first install the driver from OEM - so some OEM profiles are set
and then install latest AMD driver "over" it

0 Likes

hello

- I set the speed and the CL as you told me : and i still get random freezing.

- also did the drivers as u said.

I think my CPU has a problem in the integrated graphics part. i will see if i'll keep the cpu and buy a GPU or sell it and buy another cpu +  gpu (tired of this too much its too much)

0 Likes

try to set RAM on AUTO with AUTO timings (no XMP)

0 Likes

- hello and thnks for replying.

* I have a very bad news now the Ram slot (near to the cpu does not work). i tried 3 different ram sticks and nothing. i did CMOS i did everything. only the ram slot far from cpu works

- I also took out the CPU looked for any bend pins (all the pins are aligned and look brand new).

0 Likes

- BTW the ram on the dead slot still lights RGB but the pc doesnt boot.

0 Likes

So the motherboard is damaged and you need to replace it with another one. a simple matter. You won't do anything else.

0 Likes