Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

alseu
Challenger

Re: Ryzen 5 3400G Cooled very well but it's thermal throttling for some reason

Jump to solution

Is it showing 96C when idle or during tests? 
On your screenshot in the first post there was no VR MOS sensor information

0 Likes
ryrx
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yeah it annoyed me so i turned it off. The temp is the same both in idle and under load at 96-98c.
https://prnt.sc/12bvs9w

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Jump to solution

Technically it's the mainboard (chipset) temperature, it's not related to the VRM and it doesn't seem to be working properly.
Try to run the games you had issues with earlier (Enlisted and Wreckfest) to check if there will be throttling 

0 Likes
TheLordRG
Adept I

Jump to solution

Could be a bios version or some thing like that!! By the way a have this problem but the temperature is normal never get 60°C on CPU also on motherboard

(my board is msi a320m-a pro max)

Still searching for solution... 

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Jump to solution

If you have 3400G running on a320m-a pro max then most likely the issue is the same.
There are no SoC VRM thermal sensors (which you can observe with software) on most budget motherboards, yet these motherboards aren't capable of providing Vega11 IGPU with enough power under full load during long gaming sessions due to SoC VRM throttling.
It's a hardware, not a BIOS problem. 
The solution would be the same with OP's here and in this thread https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/please-help-ryzen-5-3350g-drop-in-frequency-of-igpu/m-p/466854...

ryrx
Adept II

Jump to solution

Well i guess it's a problem with cheap motherboard then and it's vrm isn't good enough to deliver enough power to the APU. I'm going to mark this as a solution (Buy a better motherboard with more power delivery phases and a good vrm cooling) and end this topic. Thanks to everyone who took their time to reply and try to help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes