cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

txoats
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2600x stops working after 6 months!!

I got my PC built in early July, it has a Ryzen 5 2600x, B450 aorus pro wifi motherboard, RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING gpu, Corsair CV550 80 plus bronze power supply, GSKILL Trident Z 16gb RAM, Samsung 970 EVO m.2 500gb SSD, and a 2 tb Seagate Baracuda HD. Just yesterday while I was doing work in an online class, the computer made a beep and shut off. I initially thought it was a power strip issue, but my lamp (plugged into the same strip) never flickered like it would for a power outage. I flipped the switch on the power supply off and then on, then I turned it on from the front panel. It seemed to boot up normally but the fans wouldn't stop going full speed, the monitor, keyboard and mouse wouldn't turn on, and there was a red light on the motherboard indicating a CPU problem (picture shown below). I have never overclocked, and I play games that are very easy on a PC, Valorant, Destiny, etc. Has anyone else's 2600x gone out this quickly? I thought it was unheard of for a cpu to die after only 6 months.Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 1.05.47 PM.png

0 Likes
1 Reply
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Take a stick of RAM out one at a time to see if a stick went bad. Also swap slots with a working stick if one seems to be bad to check the RAM slots. If you run an AIO check to see the pump is running. If running an air cooler make sure the CPU fan is working. You're on the razor thin edge of PSU at 550W in a Corsair Bronze. That could also be the issue. Safer to bet with a 650W Seasonic, Super Flower, or a Corsair RM, RMx, or SF series. Even Rosewill makes a decent PSU these days. In any case if the RAM is ok, the cooling is ok, try swapping a PSU before RMA'ing the CPU. FYI, disconnect you HDD/SDD while testing.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes