Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

brandon6gc
Adept I

Ryzen 5 2600X, MSI mobo not working

Build

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X (paired with Corsair H100i liquid cooler)

GPU: Nvidia 1060 3GB

RAM: 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2400MHz

MOBO: MSI B350M Bazooka

PSU: Corsair CX750M 750W

Samsung EVO SSD 500GB

Phanteks case (P350? Something like that)

Razer Ornata Keyboard

Razer DeathAdder Elite

Razer Firefly Hard Edition

Logitech G935

2 intake fans running through the CPU cooler radiator @ front of case with the front open, 3 exhaust fans 2 on top, 1 at the back. Corsair HD120 case fans.

(peripherals listed due to the fact that maybe one of the drivers for it could be causing issues that someone is aware of)

I bought a prebuilt from Best Buy a while ago. It came with a Ryzen 5 1400, 400-450W EVGA PSU (can't remember) and MSI RX580 4G OC ARMOR and an 8GB ram stick. I have literally changed everything but the motherboard and the case and I still get stutters and freezes in most games. Games like CSGO, Insurgency Sandstorm, PUBG, and a few others. I'm tired of throwing money at it. I borrowed my friend's GPU which was a single fan 1060 3G (looks cheap). I know it's not the best but should be able to keep up with CSGO and games on a lower setting. Basically I changed everything but the mobo and wiped the OS on a fresh SSD and it still runs horrible. The Ryzen 5 2600X is clocked @4.0GHz and 1.3v running stable. Browsing and opening applications is fine. All the peripherals are detected fine, there's no cracks that I am aware of on the motherboard, no burning smell, no physical signs of wear. BIOS is latest update, everything is updated. Power options are set for best performance. I've attached idle temps and other stats for GPU and RAM. I stressed the CPU with Prime95 when I installed it and it maxed out at about 63C. Stressed for an hour. Like I said, I'm tired of throwing money at it to run horrible and am running out of solutions. I watched some Gen 2 Ryzen AM4 socket motherboard reviews and bought an MSI B450 Tomahawk that's currently on it's way. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance,

Brandon

0 Likes
12 Replies
brandon6gc
Adept I

temps.PNG

0 Likes

brandon6gc, it is not all clear what your specific complaint is.  The only temperatures and other parameters that are valid are the ones presented my Rysen Master (R).  So, please post a screenshot of RM - simply drag-n-drop the image to your reply.  Are you OCing in any way and using what.  Is your memory on the QVL list?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

My Ryzen 2600X is advertised to come out of the box overclocked to 4.2GHz but I had a friend help me lower it to just 4.0GHz and I used the bios to setup the clock rate and voltage. I’ll get the screenshot for you in a bit.

0 Likes

brandon6gc, no such thing, the processor strives to run as fast as needed within certain limits.  Here are your specifications:

pastedImage_1.jpg

Your Max Boost Clock is 4.2 GHz.  This is not OCing.  Manually setting the voltage and clock is probably what your problem is.  AMD is very capability of selecting what is needed.  I recommend you do a Clear CMOS using the User Manual instructions.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

lol shows you how much I actually know.

0 Likes
brandon6gc
Adept I

RM.PNG

0 Likes
brandon6gc
Adept I

I didn't know what the QVL list was until now. I didn't see the model number listed on the list for the B350M Bazooka

I have Corsair CMU16GX4M2A2400C16

These were the only ones closely listed.

Is this causing my issue?Capture.PNG

I thought a computer wouldn't run with incompatible RAM?

0 Likes

brandon6gc, I doubt your memory has much effect.  As I said above, it is probably the manual tuning.  Notice on the RM shot that the memory voltages are shown as 0.  This is probably due to messing around in the BIOS.  Until you have a really firm grasp of how things work, I recommend to stay out of BIOS.  Please run the free copy of Thaiphoon Burner (Google) and post a screenshot.  When you get the Clear CMOS complete, please post another screenshot of RM and do with your system under heavy stress when you see your problem - still not described to me.  If you are running any OC software (MSI?) please tun it OFF.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

new rm.PNG

0 Likes

This is after the CMOS clear and running default values.

0 Likes

Thaiphoon was blocked by Windows Defender.

0 Likes

brandon6gc, you can unblock Thaiphoon in WD.  The red EDC Limit being approached is causing throttling.  Since there is plenty of room on Temperature, PPT and TDC, you can consider raising the limit on EDC so you can run faster.  As RM warns you this will be OCing and it will void your warranty.  You are close to your Boost limit, so it may not be worth it.  Does your system run any better like this?  Your memory voltages are still showing as 0.  Are you running a memory OC?  To raise the EDC limit requires going into the BIOS and it may or may not allow it to be raised.  In general after a Clear CMOS, you should not load default values.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes