cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

variat99
Adept I

Ryzen 5 2600x Legacy Compatibility Mode disappear from Ryzen Master

Hello, yesterday when I open Ryzen Master I found that Legacy Compatibility Mode is no longer available to turn on/off.

Do, you know what can be a problem here, because sometimes I use this to play some veeeeery old games.

I don't really know if this is my fault or its just some setting somewhere to change.

You can see on the picture below what exactly im talking about.

I don't have this option in every profile in Ryzen Master so even in this game mode which uses Legacy Compatibility Mode.

I have ryzen 5 2600x with msi b450 a pro motherboard

Przechwytywanie.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution
variat99
Adept I

So its look like AMD limit that mode only for processor's with more than 8 cores, and because of that every processor with 8 and less cores have disabled this feature.

My 2600x have 6 cores, so I don't have this option available and everything is ok with my processor. But they must update it recently because i have this available earlier.

I was only scared, so if i understand this right I have no problem, it was just an update.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Thanks anyway for your time guys. 

333.JPG

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Try setting the BIOS to Legacy + UEFI mode and see if the switch in Ryzen Master is activated: Support For B450-A PRO | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

If you have WINDOWS 10 WHQL SUPPORT enabled, then you won't be able to select "Legacy+UEFI" in BIOS.

0 Likes

I reinstal windows, and check BIOS but there is UEFI + Legacy already switch on in boot menu.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

variat99, please post the complete screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) and tell us what version it is.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Sorry that I don't provide whole RM screenshot and RM version earlier.

111.JPG222.JPG

0 Likes
variat99
Adept I

So its look like AMD limit that mode only for processor's with more than 8 cores, and because of that every processor with 8 and less cores have disabled this feature.

My 2600x have 6 cores, so I don't have this option available and everything is ok with my processor. But they must update it recently because i have this available earlier.

I was only scared, so if i understand this right I have no problem, it was just an update.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Thanks anyway for your time guys. 

333.JPG

Good searching, you answered your own question. ​

Seems like the message it saying what you said, CPU with less than 8 cores are not supported with LEGACY COMPATIBILITY MODE.

Just need to use GAME MODE and configure you game parameters on a Profile.

0 Likes