Processors

bon707
Adept I

Ryzen 5 2600x automatically overclock?

I just completed my 1st build.
Ryzen 5 2600x
GeForce RTX2060
Asrock b450 itx
Corsair vengeance 3000 16gb of ddr4 ram.
I was told to download a program call nzxt CAM and Ryzen master. Upon running cam and Ryzen master, I noticed my CPU is running at 4.1-4.2 idle speed. I don’t want to over clock anything just stock. I’m new to pc gaming so I don’t want to mess anything up. Is this safe? Also on Ryzen Master I noticed the EDC (CPU) fluctuate between 85-98% of 125A, limit 168 A. Did I do something wrong with my build? I don't want to overclock anything just game with stock settings. Thank you all in advance!

0 Likes
6 Replies

It's automated, your cpu works from 3.6-4.2Ghz.  No worries about anything dude I have the same one. 

thank you

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

bon707, I suspect you are OK, but please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  There is a camera icon at the top of the reply window to post an image.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

thank you!!!IMG_0742.JPGcam_020519_4.jpegcam_020519_5.jpeg

0 Likes

120c cpu4? 

0 Likes
nibiru
Adept III

Yea that's fine. I would suggest tho in windows power plan to put it to Windows Balanced and your clocks will drop when your idle, on the internet etc, but will ramp up when needed. You can leave it the way it is and it will be fine, but me personally I  prefer windows balanced

0 Likes