Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lakoylingaw
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2600 Temperature Checking

Ryzen 5 2600 Temperature Checking

I have a tested my Ryzen 5 2600 and overclocked it at 3.9GHz at 1.3v and I would like to ask if the temperatures Idling ranging from 40-51°C. Tested in Cinebench R20 i got results from 61-75°C. Tested in Userbenchmark i got results from 55-68°C.Tested while gaming i maxed out of 57°C, these games tested were fortnite,csgo,warzone,dota2,LoL,pubg, apex, GTA V, Monster hunter world, etc...  I got an after market CPU cooler "Cooler Master Hyper 212 Turbo". I was wondering if these temperatures are okay or not, regarding my ambient temperature the hottest peak in my room is 33°C measure with a room thermometer 4 corners of the room. Any advices or what to do if something in my set-up is wrong? Thank you.

P.S: My Case has 10 fans in total with proper direction of intake and exhaust of air. Case fans Rated @1300rpm(8pcs) and Cpu fan coolers Rated max @ 1600rpm(2pcs). 

0 Likes
3 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

Those are good temperatures. you have nothing to worry about

The magic number is 95C, that when thermal throttling kicks in.

As long as you can keep the CPU under that you are golden.

All your temps are well below that.

0 Likes
lakoylingaw
Journeyman III

fyrel‌ Thank you, besides that if your processor is constantly under the temperature load (50°C-70°C) does it degrade overtime faster than a cooler temp? Or what's can you tips can you give me about this? Or is there any rule of thumb about this?

0 Likes

I have been building my own computers for the last 25 year upgrading every 3-4 years.

In that time I have never had any issue with degradation.

Most my upgrades have been because windows and the latest games advances have just made my CPU graphics card obsolete and just not up to the task.

The rest have been quality of life upgrades like SSD(OMG what an upgrade), better monitor, better keyboard.

Generally your CPU will be obsolete before you have degradation issues.

Someone overclocking and heavily stressing their CPU is unlikely to suffer any degradation within the 3 year warranty otherwise AMD would lose too much money. 

Running cooler is still better since boost clocks are limited by temperature.

I remember the good old days when windows took over a minute to boot up and McAfee would lock my computer up for half an hour during a gaming session  

0 Likes