Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

diapositive
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2600 problems

Hello everyone!

I am new here, and I am also noob in PC hardware. So don't be very mad, please (my English is also very bad)

So I bought a new PC with here below components:

1. Ryzen 5 2600

2. MSI B450 Tomahawk

3. HyperX 3200 Mhz 16 GB

4. GTX 1080

5. SSD Samsung EVO 970

6. HDD 1TB Seagate

7. Chieftek A-90 750W

8. Win 10 professional, freshly installed on new PC

I have game mod and xmp enabled in BIOS.

And now I have some issues with my PC. For example: I have micro freezes in Witcher 3 on the best graphic settings. Any other time it's 60 FPS and looks great, but freezes ruin all. Have low FPS in WoW: BfA on the best settings. Also have some FPS drops in Warhammer 2: Total War on the best settings during close-ups.

I thought my PC would work perfectly with such games. So where could be a problem?

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
1 Reply
miragexii
Journeyman III

Hi. Hope all is well with you.

I have encountered a similar issue - random freezes & later on, as I continue tweaking with the BIOS, I was getting random BSOD errors such as CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, etc. I also noticed that the text characters on certain apps/websites are not being displayed properly. 

I was very excited with the Ryzen 5 processor but got so disappointed because of those issues. I was worried that there may be an incompatibility issue somewhere.

I very recently upgraded my system to include the following:

- AMD Ryzen 5-2600 Processor + stock cooler
- Asus Prime B450M A-II Motherboard
- Kingston 2x 8GB DDR4-3200 RAM
- Kingston NVME M.2 250GB SSD
- WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD

I have existing:

- Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 570 4GB Graphics Card - No known issues
- Zalman 600W Power Supply - No known issues, I also checked the PSU calculators online & my total requirements will be around 300W
- 2x 120mm auxillary fans connected to an external power source

* Installed with Windows 10 Pro Operating System
* No auxillary fans connected to the Motherboard or PSU
* Running graphic-intensive apps/games such as Adobe Premiere
* Constantly monitored the CPU, GPU & other temperatures - all are within good operating temperatures even while running multiple stress/burn-in tests (before running the fix I found, the system kept having random freezes/BSOD)

The FIX I found...

* Been reading a lot of stuff on the internet & was in a hurry to find a fix as I need the computer for my work. I wasn't able to take note of where I found the helpful information.

- I reverted back to the default BIOS settings then took note of the settings until I didn't encounter any issues anymore
- For NVME M.2 SSD, I had to make sure that the setup was correct - UEFI & not Legacy as it can have issues - I reinstalled the Windows 10 by following the instructions on UEFI settings via YouTube.
- I read somewhere on the internet that there can be issues if Windows 10 is not updated (I don't usually update unless necessary the OS) - I updated windows 10 completely.
- I also read that there can be a graphics card driver issue - I had to try installing several versions of the graphics card driver until I found something that worked - not new but not so old version.

So far so good, the only issue that I encounter now is the Chrome errors when I have so much open tabs which is a known issue. No more random freezes or random BSOD. Whew.

It took me a couple of days to finally fix my new setup.

Hope this helps. Stay safe.

0 Likes