cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

unremebered
Adept I

Ryzen 5 2600 No boot, no bios, no display

I bought this build swapping the SSD for one I already had for my wife for christmas. When I put it all together to get it ready for the big day I discovered I cannot boot. The mobo has no speaker so I'm getting no post beeps, I know the cpu has no graphics so I'm plugged through the gpu.

When I attempt to boot all the lights and fans come on but there is no response from the keyboard, mouse, (both connected directly to the mobo's USB ports) or the display connected via dvi to the gpu.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Storage: Sandisk Cloudspeed eco gen II sata SSD
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 4 GB RS XXX
Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze

https://premiumbuilds.com/pc-builds/best-gaming-pc-under-500/

0 Likes
9 Replies

Take one of the RAM out and start the computer give it a minute it will start working idk why we have to do this but when I try to upgrade my video card I have to do it every time lol 

0 Likes

@taskforce131 wrote:

Take one of the RAM out and start the computer give it a minute it will start working idk why we have to do this but when I try to upgrade my video card I have to do it every time lol 

Tried with each stick individually, no luck. 

0 Likes

According to ASRock CPU List your processor should work out of the box.

BUT if you have BIOS version 3.60 (08/06/2019) or newer installed that is probably why your PC is not booting up, in my opinion.

According to BIOS update page at ASRock: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M%20Pro4/#BIOS

Screenshot 2020-11-26 174852.png

If you purchased this motherboard in 2020 than it will have a newer BIOS Version than 3.60 installed. I would first check to see if you can verify the BIOS installed from the factory and if it is the same or newer than BIOS version 3.60 you will need to downgrade the BIOS to version 3.50.

The BIOS version should be on a sticker somewhere on your motherboard or the BIOS Version stamped on the BIOS chip on the motherboard to verify.

But I am not sure that if you have a pinnacle processor (2xxx) with BIOS version 3.60 if you still can enter BIOS menu or not or if the processor is not recognized.  This is something you will need to open a ASRock Support ticket and find out.

It is possible with BIOS version 3.60 and above your Pinnacle Processor is not being recognized or is incompatible by BIOS when you boot up.

Yeah, sticker on the BIOS chip reads 4.3. Is there a way for me to downgrade the bios though I can't get into it right now?

0 Likes

If you can burrow a 3xxx processor compatible with BIOS Version 4.3 and install it and then downgrade the BIOS version.

But like I mentioned, I don't know that even though you have a BIOS that doesn't support your Pinnacle processor if it still should, at least, boot up to the BIOS menu.

If you motherboard doesn't have the option to flash your BIOS via USB without entering BIOS then you need to find a compatible processor for BIOS Version 4.3 and downgrade the BIOS.

@elstaci wrote:

If you can burrow a 3xxx processor compatible with BIOS Version 4.3 and install it and then downgrade the BIOS version.

But like I mentioned, I don't know that even though you have a BIOS that doesn't support your Pinnacle processor if it still should, at least, boot up to the BIOS menu.

If you motherboard doesn't have the option to flash your BIOS via USB without entering BIOS then you need to find a compatible processor for BIOS Version 4.3 and downgrade the BIOS.

Yeah, I'm starting to think about returning the Ryzen 5 2600 and getting a Ryzen 3  3200g. Sacrifices a few cores and processing power but it's almost the exact same price, should be plug and play compatible with the bios version and comes with the integrated graphics to help eliminate GPU as a possibility. (Although I've already tried a MSI GTX 960 I've had running fine in another machine for years with no change.) 

I would first contact ASRock Support before doing anything because if you upgrade the processor to a matisse (3xxx), your RAM may not be compatible unless it is listed on the Matisse QVL List for your motherboard or at the RAM Manufacturer Support.

Maybe ASRock can replace or downgrade the BIOS on your Motherboard with one with the correct BIOS version for your Pinnacle processor under Warranty since it wasn't your fault the motherboard came with a BIOS not supporting your processor.

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

Double check the cpu and 24 pin power cables are properly plugged in.

0 Likes

@fyrel wrote:

Double check the cpu and 24 pin power cables are properly plugged in.

Checked and double checked both inside the case and breadboarding it. 

0 Likes