cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

matsa1326
Journeyman III

ryzen 5 2600 gets above 80 degrees and throttle, help?

whenever I play a game and get to 80+ degrees with the CPU my computer makes a loud constant beeping sound (don't know which part of the computer is responsible for it), I'm pretty sure it also throttle to get it back down to 70-ish degrees because it never stays above the 80 for more than 5 sec.

if important it happens in plenty of games but the most consistent one is kingdom come deliverance, after an hour or so of playing it starts going to the high 70 and spikes sometimes at 80+, my graphics settings in the game are set to low.

also, I reapplied thermal paste around 2 months ago and changed to a power plan that "maximum processor state" is at 80%, it did reduce a little bit the temperatures but still not enough.

as said i have a:

CPU: ryzen 5 2600

GPU: rx580 8GB

MOBO: B450M

and 16 GB of RAM

please tell me if you need any more information in order to help me.

0 Likes
11 Replies
mineplayerminer
Journeyman III

What kind of cooler do you have? I also have Ryzen 5 2600, but with stick cooler and never had any issues.

0 Likes

use the power saver plan, this will keep your CPU cooler

if you pushing your CPU that hard you can always get a water cooler assembly

0 Likes

are you sure? the cooling there is set to passive, wouldn't that make the CPU hotter?

also, do you have any idea what is the beep sound and if my CPU really throttle?

0 Likes

power saver if it is not modified should be fine, if it is not than you will have to reinstall windows

0 Likes

what do you mean modified? overclocked?

0 Likes

matsa1326 wrote:

what do you mean modified? overclocked?

no only if the settings are overridden

0 Likes

so just changing to the saver power plan? 

0 Likes

matsa1326 wrote:

so just changing to the saver power plan? 

try it and see if you CPU cools down

thanks so much just checked it and it works, my max temp was 71 

0 Likes

Good that it helps. When you get a chance, get a tube of Arctic MX-4 and I can help you redo your CPU cooler TIM and make it run even cooler like my CPU can achieve.

0 Likes

already changed the thermal paste around 2 months ago thanks anyway

0 Likes