cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

waker90
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2600 crashes after 85ºC

So i built this PC couple weeks ago (my first time building my machine) and everything was working fine until i played BFV for like 2 to 3 hours and then my computer shut down but the fans and lights were still on (monitor said lost signal and keyboard shut down). So i went and checked maybe it was overheating so i noticed that the temperatures when playing bfV were around 85ºfor the cpu and gpu 70ºC by the time it crashed, so i got two fans 140mm noctua for the front panel but nothing changed and still crashes after some time playing bfV and getting hight temps. Fine with other games since they dont heat the computer that much and it never crashed when playing anything else so i tried to stress test CPU with prime95 and sometimes it would crash at 85º sometimes at 92 or 95 but when playing bfV always crashes at 85ºC. With this being said and me lacking any kind of knowlage about computers could someone guide me towards a solution? Help! 

1 exhaustion fan back 
2 intakes 140mm front
ryzen 5 2600 Stock
MSI RTX 2060 Ventos 6G OC
G skill tridentz 2x8 DDR 4 3200 MHz
Micro-Atx Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming
Cooler Master MWE Bronze 650
0 Likes
7 Replies

Well the logical solution would be to invest in a better CPU cooler. You can go for air or water coolers. 

I myself have a enermax liqmax 2 120S. My CPU is under 70°c when extreme heating with prime95 and 33°c when in desktop mode and around 40-50°c when gaming, however the fan speed of the cooler is set to medium.

But I also have a big 200mm side fan for the GPU, besides that I also have  2 X 140 mm intake.

If you have a big case and ample of room and really want silence your should try looking for a bigger AIO CPU cooler, however that will cost a lot more also.

But before you check for a better CPU cooler make sure yours is mounted properly and has some thermal paste, since 85°c is realy very hot for just a game. You might also check if the CPU fan spins at it's fasted when it's hot.  

So i re did the hole thing anew, reinstalled everything and rearranged my fans to the top panel to blow into the motherboard and now i get 71-73ºC playing bfV after 2 h (the only game that really pushes the PC) and 34º on idle wich is good but if i stress test it, it will still shut down way before the 95ºC that amd says it's capable ! And everyone claims the stock cooler can run the cpu fresh if you dont overclock wich is exactly what i'm doing and it shuts down everytime the temperature rises a tad too much! I dont beleave its not well connected because ingame my PC behaves exactly like the benchmarks and i just put back everything again! I just dont know if this is really a cpu problem since it runs fine and all or a motherboard/ram problem and if so what to do?

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

waker, before you buy more HW, I suggest you understand what is going on.  Please tell us what CPU cooler you have, memory (details), OS (Mine:1809.17763.379;  winver in command prompt).  How much power does your video card use?  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  Here are your processor specifications:

pastedImage_2.jpg

Thanks and enjoy, John.

I'm going to try to give you the information the best i can since i have no experience with this kind of things. So the cooler it the one that came with the cpu the amd wraith stealth, the ram is as i said before the G skill tridentz 2x8 DDR 4 3200 MHz but im using the D.O.C.P. option on the bios for the 3200mhz , Os version 1809 (17763.379), the graphic card Power% oscillates ingame from 66% to 96% were 96% is only a smal spike when everything is exploding nearby  (according to msi afterburner and im not sure if this is what you asked)

RM.png

0 Likes

waker, I need to see the front page of Ryzen Master (RM).  On the screen you posted, please click OK or Cancel.  I am asking for the power (Watts) used by your video card not a %.  Please research your video card vendor and find out.  You may need to ask them.  Follow the instruction in the MB manual and do a Clear CMOS.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

waker90
Journeyman III

Oh sorry, my knowlage about this is serious lacking and thank you so much for the patience and explenation!
So GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6G OC power consumption is 160W .
RyzenMaster.png

Edit: So after i posted this i went and did what the manual said and the Pc asked me to press F1 to run setup and then the ram was reseted to default and fans were the same (had increased their usage due to heating) and i noticed some changes in Ryzen Master here it goes

RyzenMaster.png

0 Likes

Did you solve this issue? Do you have AI Suite installed?

0 Likes