cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gauteh12
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2600 crashed my computer all the time. HELP

Before i start, this was originaly a email to Amd, but it wouldt send so im posting it here. Sorry for bad grammar, i live in Norway

Hey. Amd has lately really gotten on  my nerves. We can start off with me buying a amd ryzen 2600 six core processor. I installed it and everything went well. After a month or so i wanted to overclock it, just a little bit to gain some performance. So i installed Amd Ryzen Master(We are talking about a year ago) and tried finding which setting worked fine. I found one that i tested and it worked fine.

After a while gaming, my computer would just freeze, and when i booted up again,it had on the same overclock. This would lead to my computer to crash, and get the blue screen if i didnt boot my computer quickly and changing to a lower overclock. So this meant that everytime i wanted to play i had to change this setting or else my computer would crash, and i had to wait for my cpu to cool down. 
After a while i was annoyed by this so i decided to uninstall Amd Ryzen Master, and to my surprise, even after i deleted it, the same thing happened. My computer would still crash on launch. So i had to figure out how to install ryzen master quickly without crashing my computer. After some hours i found out that if i closed programs on boot, my computer wouldnt crash. So if my cpu went over 50% it would crash. I installed amd ryzen master again and started to do what ive did earlier.
 I stopped playing lately, but when i got on today, Amd Ryzen Master couldnt start. I found out that it had come a newer version. So i installed the newer version. But when i started the installer, it immedeantly shut down, and it does this all the time. So now im stuck without Amd Ryzen Master and have to watch out for my processor to not go over 50%. Which means i cant play any games or launch some programs! 
ALL i need is help how to solve this issue, so i can play games on my expensive computer. If that means getting a new Cpu it would suck since i cant afford one.
Thanks!
0 Likes
2 Replies

Do a CLEAR CMOS on your motherboard or enter BIOS and reset it to default. In case setting BIOS to default within BIOS itself doesn't work then do a Clear CMOS.  That should get rid of the Overclocking and hopefully any changes that Ryzen Master did. Your Processor should start working normally again.

Try installing the again the original Ryzen Master version you had. Then if you are able to get back into Ryzen Master, you can click on a box to return everything back to Default before removing the program.

Try using the free program Wise Uninstaller which is similar to Revo Uninstaller Pro to remove any traces of Ryzen Master. If Ryzen Master is not shown in Control Panel Programs & Features to uninstall than try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall APP which I have attached to this post and see if it helps to remove any traces of the former Ryzen Master.

Plus need more information on your computer setup.

0 Likes
gauteh12
Journeyman III

I am at school now, but will try this ASAP. All of my specs that i remember is The Ryzen, 16GRam, 1070, but i dont remember the motherboard. Will reply when i find out

0 Likes