Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

soportelcl
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2400g Windows compatibility

Hello,
I'm a bit confused about whether there is the possibility of doing a 32-bit Windows installation (any 32 bit version) on a motherboard that supports the Ryzen 5 2400g processor.

I could not find official documentation detailing what OSs are supported and I've got different answers from several vendors I've addressed.

Could someone be kind enough to point me out where I can find the official AMD information on this subject?

I'm assuming the limitation is given by the processor and not by the motherboard chipset, please, tell me if this is not the case.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Luis.---

0 Likes
2 Replies
soportelcl
Journeyman III

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Althought appreciated, I don´t want to bother anyone, asking to do an installation test.

Seems odd there's no way to know if Windows 10 32 bits it's compatible with a Ryzen 5 2400g installation.

Maybe it's a motherboard problem, but it puzzles me AMD provides driver only for 64 bit Windows 10:

Ryzen 5 AMD Compatibility.jpg

Regards

Luis.---

0 Likes
infointercom
Journeyman III

I have successfully installed Windows 10 Pro 32bit on a system with a 2200g & gigabyte b450  motherboard and it seems to be working just fine BUT , i'm still not sure IF there is any official support by amd or is it up to the partners manufacturing the boards to include the legacy os / boot / install options for 32bit OS'es .

I have clients that use machinery which works with parallel ports (like CNC ) and software that is 16bit , VM solutions always create more problems than they solve (permission errors,loss of connection etc.) and i cannot(anymore) be recommending refurbrished pc's running win7 32bit for work that is critical/cannot be interupted.

0 Likes