Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

voltonik
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2400g single channel vs dual channel

Hi.
I recently bought a Ryzen 5 2400g apu with an MSI b450 gaming pro carbon ac motherboard without an external gpu and with a single channel Team T-force delta rgb 8gb 3000mhz ram, I saw some benchmarks on YouTube showing that I should get 40-60 fps in 1080p in GTA V and 60-70 fps on 720p with a dual channel ram. But I get only 25-30 while playing on 1080p and 30-50 fps on 720p with my single channel ram.
Does dual channel ram Increase this much fps ?
I'm not really convinced that a ram can do this much..
So, If I replace that 8gb ram I have with 2x4gb will GTA V run on 40-60 fps on 1080p like other videos on YouTube ?
Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
voltonik
Journeyman III

any ideas ?

0 Likes

voltonik, I think you greatly underestimate dual vs single channel memory effect on performance.  I cannot answer your FPS questions but simply state that moving from single 8GB to 2x4GB will double the data rate of your memory.  Users seem to struggle to get a few MHz increase in memory speed and you can get 3000 MHz with this change.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi John,
Thanks for replying, So just changing from 1x8gb to 2x4gb will basically double the fps. correct ?

0 Likes

voltonik, I did not say that.  I said it would double the memory speed and I did not know what the improvement would be on the FPS.  I certainly think it is a worth a try if FPS is important to you.  Please report back your results if you try it.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes