Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ecsservicesus
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2400G shutsoff on doing a reboot

Hi all,

If I use the AMD Ryzen Master program or bios to adjust the GPU core clock to any setting besides the default it works fine except when I reboot the computer then the computer shuts off. Trying to start the computer it will not start. I have to clear the bios on the motherboard and then the computer will start and I have to setup the bios every time. If I overclock the CPU and/or memory from the bios or Ryzen master program then the computer works as expected. Overclock works and I can reboot the computer. It's only if I change the GPU core clock in bios or Ryzen master that the computer shuts off on every reboot. Besides the issue with the GPU the system runs nice, quiet and cool.

SPECS

Processor: --- Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H ver 1.x

Bios: ----------- F23d

Memory: ----- Corsair VengeanceRGB - CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 - 2x8gb - 3000MHz

Hard Drive: -- Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

Cooler: ------ Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler

Thoughts,

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

ecsservicesus, sorry but it looks obvious that your system does not like to have the IGU OCed.  Please tell us what wattage power supply you are using.  Make sure you have the CPU 8 and/or 4 pin power connectors plugged securely.  Make sure you have the latest AMD chip set and graphics drivers DLed from the AMD driver DL site using the manual method and are using the Ryzen Balanced power plan.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes