cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

elstaci
MVP

Re: Ryzen 5 2400g Pin CPU power connectors required on the motherboards.

Yes, for some reason the second 4 pin connector is not the same as the other  4 pin connector.

I would purchase a 8 pin adapter that would fit in your motherboard or open a Ticket with Corsair Support and find out why the 4+4 CPU power cables are not identical and won't fit a standard 8 pin CPU Power connector on your motherboard.

0 Kudos
andres_paiva
Adept II

Corsair CX550M.

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Thanks, Went to Corsair and it shows a close up where the CPU & PCIe output shows the correct shape and pin forms for your motherboard.

Check the PCIe power connector from the PSU and see if it is the same as your motherboard. It might be mislabeled.

The top Pin corners are Squared and the bottom Pin corners are Non-Squared just like on your motherboard.

Maybe the PSU was packed with the wrong CPU Cable.

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

I hope you didn't apply power because you are going to damage your motherboard and CPU when you installed the round pins into the square pins.

I would definitely contact Corsair Support. It possible they included the wrong CPU Power connector for your PSU.

0 Kudos
andres_paiva
Adept II

It happens that this model is not completely modular.

The cables that feed the CPU and the motheboard are fixed, they are the ones that appear on the right of the photo.

The modular cables that come apart do not fit.

0 Kudos
andres_paiva
Adept II

Thanks for the advice, I already contacted Corsair's technical service.

I only connected the 4 pins that match exactly, the other 4 I left them disconnected.

Anyway I need to contact AMD support to explain if the processor can work properly powered by only 4 pins, or if it needs to receive 8-pin power.

I do not understand the difference.

Greetings.

0 Kudos
andres_paiva
Adept II

PD: I can not find AMD technical support information on processor requirements.

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Great, Let see what Corsair says. I would also include a link to this thread since it shows the motherboard connection. If Corsair sends you another CPU Cable that fits correctly, you need to connect it with the 8 pins and not the 4 pins.

Since you have a APU, it may require all 8 pins to work correctly without crashing or having Graphics issues under heavy loads.

Anyways, let me know what both Corsair and AMD Support says. I will be good information for the future.

elstaci
MVP

Open a AMD Service Request ticket (AMD Support) from here: Online Service Request | AMD 

Or better yet open a ticket with your Motherboard Support . They will probably have a better answer than AMD since they know what those two 4 pins connectors do and what power they supply to the CPU.

andres_paiva
Adept II

OK, thanks again.

0 Kudos