cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

weld-j
Adept I

Ryzen 5 2400G issues with Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200Mhz on Gigabyte AB350N Gaming wifi mini-ITX.

Case + PSU : InWin Chopin.

Storage : Samsung EVO 960 M.2 NVMe

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 Mhz.

First of all, I also have a Bristol Ridge A6-9500 that I bought to upgrade the BIOS on the mobo.

With the 9500, everything works just fine : The system recognizes the two RAM sticks, and can even apply the XMP profiles to them.

However, when I insert the Ryzen 5 2400G, the system doesn't boot with both RAM sticks plugged in. I have to keep the slot that is closer to the socket populated and unplug the other stick to make the system boot.

The opposite configuration (slot closer to the socket open) doesn't make the system boot. I tried both sticks on both configurations.
Can you please help troubleshoot these issues ?
Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Ryzen CPU/APUs are very sensitive to the type of RAM Memory installed. You need to go to your Motherboard's Support site and check your RAM memory against the Motherboard's QVL Compatible Memory list for Ryzen APUs. If it is not listed, then most likely your RAM is not compatible with the Ryzen.

If it is listed, it could be a bad Motherboard Memory slot that is bad.

Thank you very much for your answer.

My Corsair RAM kit doesn't figure among the compatible kits for Raven Ridge on Gigabyte's AB350N Gaming Wifi. However, in theory, it's also incompatible with my Bristol Ridge A6-9500, but it somehow manages to recognize it and run it at JEDEC's speeds.

Is there any tweaking that I can do in order to run my Corsair kit even at lower than advertised speeds ? I can't believe that I'm condemned to using only one stick.

0 Likes

the A6-9500 is a completely different APU with different compatible RAM Memory than the Ryzen APUs.  Look under the QVL Memory list for compatible RAM Memory for the A6 APU and see if your memory is listed there.

0 Likes

That's what I'm saying. The same CMK16GX4M2B3200CL16 is not listed among the compatible options for Bristol Ridge.

But somehow, my A6-9500 manages to recognize the kit and boots with both sticks plugged in.

In short, both Bristol Ridge and Raven Ridge are in theory incompatible with the aforementioned kit, but Bristol Ridge manages to recognize it.

Shouldn't that leave me some hope ?

0 Likes

Ryzen CPU/APUs seems to be more sensitive about the type of RAM Memory installed. Besides, Bristol and Raven are different APU architectures.

You could always borrow two RAM modules that are listed on the QVL list and try it on your motherboard and see if the Ryzen recognizes it. 

I don't know what else to tell you. Unless someone else knows what could be the trouble and comment here. All I know is the QVL are RAM memory that the Manufacturers know and tested that are completely compatible with the cpus listed. Your RAM may work but if it isn't listed it means it hasn't been tested to see if it is compatible with the listed CPUs. That is why is best to purchase RAM Memory from the QVL list for your particular CPU.

I would open a Support ticket with the motherboard Support site and see what they suggest.

Also be sure you have the latest AMD CHIPSET and BIOS installed from your motherboard's Support site.

Thank you for your time anyway.

BIOS and chipset are up-to-date. I should've consulted that list before making my purchase.

I didn't think the mobo wouldn't allow me to use both sticks. I thought that at worse, it would limit me to JEDEC speeds.

Thank you again for your interaction.

0 Likes