cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ecks00
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2400G disable the turbo boosting?

Hi i have a Ryzen 5 2400G with a Asus A320M-K motherboard and i was wondering if there is a way to disable the turbo boosting?

Also i am not able to do it in the power settings as you would be able to see it in the image i have linked and the reason why i want to do it is because even when my system is on idle it keeps boosting to 3.9GHz and i checked my processes that might be running in the background and there is nothing running that would make it throttle like that.

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

ecks00, please DL, install and run Ryzen Master (RM) and post a screenshot.  I am not an OCer, but I think RM will help you.  It is the official source for CPU temperature.  Windows does all kinds of things and the CPU is just trying to be efficient.  If RM will not turn off PBO, then you may need to open the UEFI.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

misterj​ Here is 2 screen shots and also i just turned on my system cause i was a little worried when i was sleeping cause when the temps were high i didn't want to wake up and find out my system was on fire.

RM.PNGAsus.PNG

0 Likes