Did you mean: 

Processors

ZanyHime
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2400g Constant Crashing

Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 2400g
RAM: Viper Patriot 4 2x8GB

Hi, one year ago I built my first PC and had Issues with VIDEO_TDR_ERROR. I remember fixing it by doing something in the BIOS (I think something to do with the RAM) and reinstalling the Chipset Drivers. Now I recently had to reset my BIOS and now I only got problems. First the PC would crash and restart when playing a game. No Blue Screen. So I got WhoCrashed and figured out it was amdkmdag.sys with the Video_tdr_error. So I read some forums and adjusted my BIOS Settings to the recommended stuff. Now there’s no Black Screen Crash anymore. I thought everything was fine, but after like 1:40h of Gaming/YouTube my PC crashes to a green screen. No text, just a screen. It takes a little bit to restart. I tried to reinstall drivers, tried multiple versions and even without drivers. The problem was always the same. Can someone please help me, I’m going insane here. I think it has something to do with the BIOS Settings but Im clueless.

Tested my Ram, there’s no errors. Right now my RAM Setting is at 1866.

0 Likes
1 Solution

many people have problems with their pc turning off/restarting.
Try this ( this have helped me )

1). go into bios
2). Press F2 and select bios advanced mode
3). go down on the page and find   Cpu Vcore   its properbly set to auto
4). Change Auto to  1,4v
5). save and exit bios and reboot computer
Try to play a game again and see if that help.

The above tip made my own pc run much better for the first time in 2½ month i am able to play games for more than 5-15-30 minutes inbetween the computer turn itself off.
Personaly i think that either my CPU is defective, or the bios/driver software have some problems.
The funny thing is if i stress test the cpu for example 8 houres then it is stable.
But if i turn on hitman 3 without changing the voltage to 1,4v then i can only play 5 minutes before it crash.
I have a 5900x and 6900xt
Anyway i hope the above can help you, its worth a try.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

Finding errors in RAM via software testing takes a long time.  What you're describing still sounds like faulty RAM.

Try one stick at a time to see if the problem continues with both of them used individually.

0 Likes

many people have problems with their pc turning off/restarting.
Try this ( this have helped me )

1). go into bios
2). Press F2 and select bios advanced mode
3). go down on the page and find   Cpu Vcore   its properbly set to auto
4). Change Auto to  1,4v
5). save and exit bios and reboot computer
Try to play a game again and see if that help.

The above tip made my own pc run much better for the first time in 2½ month i am able to play games for more than 5-15-30 minutes inbetween the computer turn itself off.
Personaly i think that either my CPU is defective, or the bios/driver software have some problems.
The funny thing is if i stress test the cpu for example 8 houres then it is stable.
But if i turn on hitman 3 without changing the voltage to 1,4v then i can only play 5 minutes before it crash.
I have a 5900x and 6900xt
Anyway i hope the above can help you, its worth a try.

i couldnt find cpu vcore searched it up and it doesnt seem to exist

0 Likes