cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joko_nano
Adept I

ryzen 5 2200g reseat

so i have a pc with ryzen 5 2200g and a320m-s2h its working alright for the past 2 years then it happen. it didnt turn on for some reason. i tried basic troubleshooting like removing components, changing cables and other stuff. not until i reseated the cpu that it turned on. but the next day same thing happens. so i tried again basic troubleshooting nothing then again reseat the cpu and again it turned on. the problem seems to be after shutdown my pc won't turn on unless i reseat the cpu. so i change the psu, change the ram, change the ssd, removed any power cable after turning off, maybe some static was causing the problem. same thing happen. reseat and i was ok. sad to say i dont have extra cpu for further diagnostic. tried benchmarking and scanning cpu for errors but it seems ok. i looked for answer online but nothing.

so my question is, is this a cpu problem or the motherboard? and if anyone experiencing this? im slowly turning insane every time i have to reseat the cpu. i love this chip. hope u guys can help.

0 Likes
5 Replies

It would be cheap to try especially compared to what you have done already. Change the battery on the board that maintains the bios settings. If the battery is bad it could explain why reseating the CPU helps as it make the bios return to defaults. 

Can't promise that is it but only a few bucks to try. 

tried changing the battery last night. didn't work. im really hoping it was the answer. 

0 Likes

I'm sorry too. I figured it was a long shot anyway. 

I figure it is CPU or MB related too but would lean more toward a MB issue but it is really hard to know. 

I would talk to the support department for your motherboard. They can likely do some troubleshooting with you. 

They may even have an unreleased Bios or something you can try.

0 Likes

i will into bios and upgrade. might be that. still hoping. if not, maybe its time for upgrade. out of all the time it has to choose this year! anyway happy holiday brother. thank you for your help. 

update: its fix now mate. it's not the bios turns out i got the latest one. but i still don't know how.....

0 Likes