cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rapturedheart
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 1600x stuttering

Hi everyone. Phew, I've had a hell of a time with this build, I'll tell you. I've had in-game and out of game problems - primarily in-game it's most notable. Over the last two months, I finally narrowed it down to a (probably) CPU problem.

My build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper T2

Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: PNY - CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC

Case: Thermaltake - Core V71

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular

Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

I have no problem getting a lot of frames in all the games I play at 1080p. The problem is the very notable stuttering. I could have 150+ fps; but many of high-action games like MOBAs or shooters are almost unplayable because of the stuttering I'm having.

Note: I've seen a lot of comments around that with a Ryzen, you should have 3000+ DDR4 memory. I wish someone had told me that months ago when I worked on putting my build together.

I originally was having the most unstable voltage spikes from 1.3 to 1.5+ with my CPU. I fixed that myself, to no help of the forum I originally posted to... I disabled Core Boost Performance, and it stopped those insane (unsafe?) spikes.

However, it did not fix the stuttering.

Things I've done to try and fix my stuttering:

• Disabled Windows DVR
  • Adjusted Windows Power Settings. CPU Processing Minimum set at 50%, maximum at 100%
  • Adjusted my NVidia Control Panel settings (when I thought it might be my GPU to blame)
  • Disabled Core Boost Performance
  • Manually set my RAM Memory Frequency and Timings to what they're supposed to be
  • Manually set my CPU core ratio to 36.00 (I do not want to overclock my CPU)
  • Updated BIOs (a day or two ago...)
  • Updated Chipset Drivers (before making this post)
  • Updated Graphics Drivers (uninstalled and reinstalled)

Now, since I disabled Core Boost Performance and manually setting the CPU core ratio, my CPUs voltage does not exceed 1.231 (even under load, I did a CPU stress test). I don't know if that's okay?

I'm in Information technology and I haven't been taught anything like this.

My CPU Stress Test Results:

AIDA64 Results - Album on Imgur

My CPU never exceeded 57C during that stress test. It actually seemed pretty stable. I don't know how to feel about my Core Clocks...

My CPU in HWMonitor:

Screenshot_1.png

My CPU Speed also does not reach the 3.6GHz it's supposed to? It drops to as low as 2.00GHz (could only catch a screenshot of it being at 2.02GHz)

Screenshot_2.png

The dips in performance/communication between my CPU and GPU often causes my games to crash also

game crash.png

Video Example of my stuttering:

Ryzen 5 1600X/GTX 1060 6GB Stuttering in-game - YouTube

Any and all help is appreciated. I'm tired of having my new computer to feel like it's performing worse than my last desktop, an Alienware, did before it ultimately died.

0 Likes
4 Replies
left4dead666
Adept II

As far as i know its that while you're not gaming at all just idle and watch videos or surf on the internet your cpu wont reach 3.6, it only goes to 3.6 if its under heavy load like gaming than it should go to 3.6 and if its needing more it goes to his "Turbo Frequency" .

According to AMD for the Ryzen 5 1600x Max Compatible Ramm is DDR4-2666Mhz

And why did you under volted the cpu? i mean hold the cpu for going above 1.2Volts. (Your cpu won't use alot of voltage if its not needing it, if you open a program or something else matter your cpu frequency goes a little up and than it needs more voltage to go to that frequency so its not weird.

just undo the settings and Download AMD Ryzen Master Utality there you can see the volts your cpu is using/running right on the moment.

with my Ryzen 5 1400 i have the same. CPU-Z & HWMonitor showing my cpu is using 1.4Volts. but the Ryzen Master Utality Shows differently i even checked it in BIOS.

If you use the settings as you received it out of the box there is nothing to worry about.

0 Likes

You might also wanna try "Disabling the PowerPlan of Windows" Download Latest AMD Chipset Drivers it comes with a special powerplan for ryzen cpu's

0 Likes
oli444
Journeyman III

i have exactly the same problem whit same cpu .

Mobo: Gygabyte ax370 gaming
video card : GeForce 1050TI  -----) try too replace whit  gtx570 (same issue)
memory ram : 2x8 GB DDR4 G-skill flare X 2933 mhz ---) try replacement whit 2x4GB DDR4 crucial 2400 mhz (same issue)
Hard disk : 4TB baracuda  ---) replace whit 500 GB SSD   ------) same issue
FPS drop / stutering +++

0 Likes
oli444
Journeyman III

i solved my problem today , for my part this is a defect motherboard . y replace my gygabyte ax370-gaming by MSI x470gamingplus and all the problem is solved .  i hope my experience will help you .

0 Likes