Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hargreve_inc
Adept II
Adept II

Ryzen 5 1600x and RAM

I'm going to buy AMD Ryzen 1600x with an ASRock X370 Killer SLI and Corsair Vengeance LPX 2800MHz. Tell me please, is it normal to work memory paired with this processor ???

0 Kudos
7 Replies
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Ryzen 5 1600x and RAM

Check the QVL memory list on the motherboard's website to determine which RAM should be used.

0 Kudos
hargreve_inc
Adept II
Adept II

It seems suitable, just heard that with some memory the processor is not chasing at all. What is it connected with?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

make sure it dosent have the hynix die on it.. thats the thing to waych out for. no hynix... samsung b-die is the way.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

there is ram not on the list that work. main thing is dont get 3000mhz stick or any ram they may have hynix. some sticks use both 50/50 chance . so make sure what your getting. the best is the g.skill Flare-x 3200mhx sticks and there on sale right now aswell. 171

0 Kudos
hargreve_inc
Adept II
Adept II

Thanks, very useful information. In this case, I make an order

0 Kudos
cgibin
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello, may I ask why to avoid the F4-2400C15D-16GTZR? I always thought Hynix is a very good choice of memory?? Of course, I am searching for this topic and I have this RAM with the 1600X (lol) but still, I used 16GB just fine for about a year now, and now I installed another 16GB and my system only uses 16 but shows me 32GB (Windows states 32GB (16 usable)). Not really sure why it does that.. Any ideas? Funny thing is, my BIOS does see all 4 DIMMs installed but only shows 16GB total also.

_ _ _ _

UPDATE:

I just reinstalled the RAM again.

First I took all out and then I installed the first 2 in the row but on Slot 2 and 4. Started the System, showed me 16GB.

Then I installed the 3rd RAM DIMM into slot 3 and started the system again. 24GB. Okay so..

Last one installed in slot 1, booted to BIOS and it shows me 32GB

Booted to Windows 10 => 32GB usable.

0 Kudos