Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

acerak
Journeyman III

ryzen 5 1600 YD1600BBAFBOX not booting

Hi, All,

I have an issue with this new build sending a video signal to the monitor.  I have built many PCs in the past and this one is giving me no end of troubles it seems.  I used pcpartpicker.com to assemble the parts and here is the list.  I have used the site in the past and its compatibility checks have always been good.  I initially assumed it was the graphics card and replaced it with the one on the list above.  Same issue.  The parts list has the 14nm cpu listed as they didn't have the 12nm selection...  But it is the newer 12nm version.

Quick parts:

ryzen 5 1600 YD1600BBAFBOX (used included cpu cooler)

Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard - rev1

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

XFX Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB THICC II Pro Video Card

EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I have reduced the memory to a single stick, I have replaced the video card, I have checked all the connections.  The status lights on the B450 cycle through cpu/ram/video/boot and then clear...  The very first time I powered on the machine, I did see a video signal from the previous card, but it didn't last more then a few seconds.  That is why I  suspected the video card.  With the second card above, no signal seems to be reaching the monitor.  The CPU does not have on chip video, so if I do not seed the video card, the motherboard status led for video does light 'red' and doesn't go off.  So that appears to be detecting the video card when it is seeded.  At a loss...

0 Likes
2 Replies
acerak
Journeyman III

Hmm...  I based this build on a youtube builder and he supplied the various parts in his build.  This included the B450 Aorus M and the ryzen 5 1600 12nm version...  But that might very well be the issue as that part is not a valid compatible part on the pcpartpicker.com website for this setup... sigh...

0 Likes

The Ryzen 5 1600AF processor (12 nm) is supported by your motherboard: B450 AORUS M (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

Make sure you have the latest BIOS & CHIPSET versions installed: B450 AORUS M (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

Make sure you have the latest Gigabyte CHIPSET installed before updating the BIOS Version to the latest version.

I have also included and attached your Motherboard's QVL list for RAM MEMORY for Pinnacle Processors. But it is from 2019 so it is out-dated to say the least.

Remove all the RAM sticks EXCEPT one and see if it boots up. Sometimes if the RAM is not 100% compatible it won't boot with 2 or more RAM sticks installed. Make sure you put the one RAM stick in the correct Memory slot on your motherboard.

Make & Model of your Monitor?

How is your monitor connected to the GPU card?

What version of Windows do you currently have installed?

0 Likes