Hello, I recently bought a brand new PC, which has the following components:

CPU: Ryzen 1600

GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Strix

MOBO: MSI A320 Pro

RAM: 8gb Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz

PSU: Thermaltake 600watts 80+

Hard drive: 1tb WD Blue

SSD: Adata 120gb

I've noticed a really bad performance when gaming, mostly when playing PUBG and Battlefield 1. It's really stuttery and the FPS are low copared to what i've seen on youtube benchmarks with the same configs. I play on 1080p(PUBG with textures and anti aliasing in high(everything else on low) getting around 70 fps, and drops to 40 when driving and when around cities, and Battlefield with everything on ultra, DX 11 mode, and 100 FOV, getting around 80 fps and stutter as well as drops to 50's)

I have every driver up to date, and the pc is only a week old. Previously i had an Fx 6300 and noticed that the GPU use was at a 100% and the cpu itself at around 80%, now the gpu and cpu use is at around 70% and fluctuates a lot).

I also play Batman AK and R6 Siege, the problem is present there too, but it isn't that bad.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lukevalenti
Adept I

Found the solution. I've just bought an Intel i5 8400, works like charm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

The problem is your slow RAM, as Ryzen processors benefit extremely well from very fast RAM because of how the Infinity Fabric works. Guru3D did a series of benchmarks, and the difference between 2400 and 3200 is substantial

At one point I overclocked to 2666 mhz, but that didn't help much. I could try to get the ram to 3000mhz. But could this be the source of all the problems, I mean, it's not only the stutter but the low fps that anoys me.

0 Likes

In DX 12 mode the game runs way worse, with even lower fps and much more stutter. Also, I do not have an SLI nor Crossfire configuration on my build. Thanks.

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

If your games are on the WD Blue - slow HDD!

I would run 3DMark skydiver to compare - if that runs smooth it's not your hardware!

0 Likes
lukevalenti
Adept I

Found the solution. I've just bought an Intel i5 8400, works like charm.

0 Likes
dthouse87
Adept I

So the solution for you was to buy a new processor xD? Rly xD? How funny xD I have the same Ryzen 5 1600 and my fps in every game are around 120-140 with my Rx580+Ryzen 5 1600 and 8g of ram. 

0 Likes