cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

neo2141
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 1600 Staying 100%

My processor is staying loaded up 100% all the time. No matter what application I close from Task Manager something else will take its place and the load doesn't skip a beat. I haven't made any BIOS changes except updating now and leaving everything on default. ASUS Prime B350 Plus board. I've already tried a clean install on my Samsung NVMe drive to no avail.

Temps are staying idle around 52/53c according to Core Temp 1.13. Anybody seen anything like this? Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
neo2141
Journeyman III

Edit/Addition: I've noticed in the Details section of Task Manager that the System Idle Process is eating the majority of the CPU. So... it's like it's a placeholder for when the CPU isn't getting used? It just always keeps/shows the CPU at "100%" regardless of if it's actually getting used. I didn't think this was happening like even just a month ago so I'm confused. Might just be Windows update or something and nothing to worry about??

0 Likes

neo2141, what power plan are you using?  Please try the Windows Balanced plan.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  RM is the only reliable reporter of CPU temperature.  Thanks and enjoy, John. 

I am on the Windows Balanced plan. The only difference i had made was on the sleep settings. I use it to record a camera so I have it set to never sleep. I changed it back to its defaults though to test and same results.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
neo2141
Journeyman III

Ok... so I did a clean install on a hdd I had laying around and the CPU load was back to its orignial self. Did a clean install on the NVMe drive again and it's randomly back to normal. I'm not certain what's going on. I had already done a clean install on it before with no results. I'll definitely check back here if the issue returns.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

0 Likes