Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted

Ryzen 5 1600 poor performance after installing aftermarket cooler

Jump to solution

Hello,

I changed the Wraith cooler for another one and now my Ryzen 5 runs at maximum 2800 MHz and not the 3700MHz I selected in the UEFI. Any idea what could be the problem?

Edit: Also at the same time, I installed the W10 fall creator's update. Maybe it has something to do with that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Ryzen 5 1600 poor performance after installing aftermarket cooler

Jump to solution

First thing to look at is if you are thermal throttling. Look at CPU temp and see if it's high. If temp is ok, then you know you installed the cooler properly, and the problem problem is probably with the Fall update. It could be that something got messed up in Ryzen master too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

First thing to look at is if you are thermal throttling. Look at CPU temp and see if it's high. If temp is ok, then you know you installed the cooler properly, and the problem problem is probably with the Fall update. It could be that something got messed up in Ryzen master too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help! It seems to be a problem with Ryzen Master. I fixed it using the MSI command center to get the multiplyer right and everything's fine now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Kudos