Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hippowokd
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 1600 overheating

Hello!

2 days ago bought new Mb, ryzen cpu and 8gb ddr4 ram.

Yesterday tested pc in games, noticed unstable, but not so high temperature (up to 70C°). Today started Adobe Premiere Pro video rendering, temperature went crazy, in few secs CPU temp raised from 45 to 90 degrees , then it spiked to 105, and in 1 sec jumped to 95 and left in 90-95 degrees. Turned off some cores in task manager for APP to reduce temperature and cpu load. Also heard strange sounds like crackles from cooler(?) at this temperature, after turning off cores strange sounds gone and i ended my rendering. Tested t° again, (Hwpro and MSI Command Center) and it jumped from 90C° to 45C° again. Turned off pc, entered in bios, 50C° CPU. In system even in idle mode t° can jump from 40 to 50, in bios t° keeps stable.

Mb: msi b450 gaming plus

Cpu: ryzen 5 1600, stock clocks, stock fan

Ram: vengeance, 3000mhz, clocked to 2933 16-17-17-17-35 2T.

Pc case is hot, air coming from case is cool. Can be problem in clocked ram or hot case?

(My english can be bad sometimes)

3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

hippowokd, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Here are your processor specifications:

pastedImage_2.jpg

Your maximum temperature is 95C, so 105C is nonsense probably caused by the application you are using.  Only RM can be relied upon, others should be ignored.  I doubt it has anything to do with memory but please do a Clear CMOS using the instructions in your user manual.  Temperatures jump around a lot in Ryzen - lots of users comment.  What is your CPU cooler?  I suggest you plug all fans directly 12 Volts.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

I use stock cooler. I plugged fan in CPU_FAN, and case 120mm fan in sys_fan.

What about to clear cmos and update bios? Also i will send screenshot when i get home.

I use Arctic MX-4 which is good at its job. The R5 2400G cooler I have had way too much TIM on it, so I had to clean that up. TIM need only be applied in micron thick amounts.