cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sacekusha
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5 1600 Microstutter

I really wanna find out how this plays out, i'm building a new pc and i have to decide if i want to go amd or intel, this looks reeeeaalllyy baaaad for AMD.

Did you try locking  cpu frequency? I watched some youtube videos when people had major lag spikes because supersmart cpu microcode sucked at deciding at which speed to run in game, and it was dropping clocks from time to time to very low clocks, setting fixed cpu speed with motherboard utility software fixed that issue instantly, maybe you wanna try that?

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

With an AMD card there are additional troubleshooting suggestions we can offer, but with a NVidia card you will need to speak to NVidia for support with stuttering.

Of course we can try to troubleshoot things from the CPU side, but if there a known issue with Ryzen CPUs stuttering, we'd see kmany reports of it on this forum. Furthermore, you've replaced the CPU already and sounds like you have tried most troubleshooting suggestions from the CPU.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

Are you kidding? There's tons of reports of it.

I'm not saying this is the problem, or a problem exclusive to Ryzen, but

there are so, so many posts regarding this.

Also, if I was still to receive the stutters with an AMD card, that would

indicate that it is not the graphics card.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

My clocks have been locked, yes. I have tried stock speeds with and without

boost (BIOS).

I have tried power plans locking at 100%. I have tried disabling C-States.

I have tried overclocking, with locked speeds and power plan, etc.

I've tried it all.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

Small update: I purchased an RX580 AMD card.

It DID NOT solve the issue.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

Small update: I purchased an RX580 AMD card.

It DID NOT solve the issue. There was also significant coil whine, so that will be returned.

I tried with 3 cores only enabled. Nada.

I tried disabling other pstates and using AMD CBS overclock (and no overclock) -- nada.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

Okay, so I purchased an AMD RX580 and it still does it.

What now?

0 Likes
szychmistrz
Adept II

I have write like 10 lines what i think about this but amd has blocking my post i cant past it  

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

I am beginning to think major design flaw with Ryzen CPU, yes.

0 Likes
szychmistrz
Adept II

Mate its cpu !! look on youtube when people having framerate on they videos time to time spikes and microlag , i got 2600x bought for 220 euro  i could buy easly i5 8600k but i have choose AMD for ,,future gaming’’ and big sentiment for this company i didnt know that cpu from 2018 has problem with all games (depends in time were i am gonna achive stutter , in pubg any 10-15 sec , Batman arkham knight when flying driving , For Honor any 3-5 minutes etc ) what i am gonna to do right now ?? I am selling in PRIVATE Cpu + Motherboard in Nice price cheaper like 40% price in the shop i hope that someone buy and i am gonna take i5 8600k because you know How intel goes up with the price (when i pick amd price of i5 was the same of r5 2600x now i5 8600k Is higher for like 100 euro) so THANK YOU AMD for my Nice gaming PC i feel like i have bought 35 euro cpu ) Thank you again !! NO MORE AMD

0 Likes