Did you mean: 

Processors

mittwaffen
Adept III

Re: Ryzen 5 1600 Microstutter

People have this issue with Intel too,

There is a way to disable microcode patches in the OS actually,

GRC | InSpectre 

Simple app that tells you if its on or off, and disables it for you.

Try it out lmk if it helps anyone, or else we need to address the microcode patches dooked all pc gaming performance. 

I've also noticed if the shuttering is bad doing a restart lessons it to an almost unnoticeable level; it comes back eventually and almost every sleep long term wakeup.
Could also look into disabling sleep and all forms of power saving via bios and OS till something works a bit better?

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

So strange that you've written that. I've just applied this before the

message and I am going to try it.

I have disabled all forms of sleep. It doesn't matter if I cold restart or

warm restart -- it always stutters. Fresh 1809, upgraded 1809, 1803 and all

previous versions.

I can admit that there is some minor improvements with a fresh 1809 install

but it still happens.

0 Likes
mittwaffen
Adept III

PROGRESS!!!

I think theirs mass data collection going on across all moderns OSes.

I found a major step in fixing the stuttering.

Download Ultimate Windows Tweaker for Windows 10 - MajorGeeks

Then extract > run > go to security / privacy, check all privacy options and restart.
Stutter is basically gone.

Windows 10 is legit spyware.

Also see,
https://redacted.tv/2017/12/20/win10guide/

Ive found a perfect piece of software to do it all in one click,
****USE THIS***Spybot Anti-Beacon 1.5 Download for Windows / FileHorse.com
I've tested, scanned and checked it all -- This software is the best easy option to block all windows telementry.
Just click immunize and reboot, Shutter is completely stopped.

Also did a windows 7 install, and its also additionally not stuttering.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

Hi,

I had already prevented telemetry with OOSU10 but I've just installed and applied more immunisation from Spyboy Anti-Beacon. I don't believe it will solve all of my troubles with stutters, because my machine should be more than capable of handling background data gathering and processing during a game.

That being said, this is something I don't approve of anyway - so it's nice to have it removed.

This has 100% solved your issues?

0 Likes
mittwaffen
Adept III

Yeah it has; i used both of the software above and i havent ran into any issues with the stuttering.
I dont think its the pc not being able to handle it, I think its just the collection type of data being pulled while gaming.

Perhaps some security check?

Regardless, first time and ive literally done tons and tons of OS mods, strip downs, and I finally think i found the source for my issues.

I've been playing fpses hardcore as its easily noticed and I havent seen it for almost a whole day, been doing reboots; overclocks, sleeps, got the system to lock up a few times; overclocked to blue screen trying to get it to break again. Its not stuttering anymore.

I'd actually like to know what windows 10 is spying on us and feeding for it to have such a huge performance impact.

Windows 7 installed just to see aswell, and zero issue on that OS; shame we dont have dx12 on there, otherwise id stay on windows 7.

But yes, my computer finally feels like it should now while gaming.

0 Likes
cacxius
Journeyman III

Hi have you still the same issue.

I have bought my new computer last month and I have noticed the same problem as you. I have it since I got my computer.

At first I thought it was because of my second hard drive so I reinstalled my games on my SSD but the stutter still happened. I tried to look on the Internet for solutions but so far your post has been the most useful I have found.

I noticed that the stuttering is not the same in every game. For instance it is far worse with games such as the last Total Wars (Rome II and on / Attila is horrible) because they are more CPU intensive. Yet I have this issue with all my games: DoW III, The Banner Saga I and II, Rome II, Shogun II, Attila, every game that I have tested so far I have had this issue.

I have a 6gb 1060 gtx MSI, 8gb of RAM, a Seasonic 550w gold plus, and a Ryzen 2600x. I am sure that the issue comes from the processor.

I have tried the spybot tools but it has improved nothing.

What I have noticed is that I can reproduce the stuttering. In Attila Total War there is a benchmark. The stuttering always happens at the exact same moment in the benchmark. At the end the benchmark says I had an average 52fps but there are huge spikes on it which show how terrible the problem is.

I had a similar problem in the past but it was because of a Green Caviar HDD and when I moved my game on the first HDD, which was a black caviar, the issue disappeared. But with my new computer the issue exists on both the HDD and the SSD.

Have you tried using a different processor mpw? I think I am going to buy an intel one as soon as I have the money but I'm not 100% sure that the problem comes from the Ryzen 2600X.

EDIT : Here is a screenshot of my cores when the problem happens. The second core seems to be doing something completely different than the others. The last one is deactivated for Attila because the game lags otherwise (issue related to the game). Imgur: The magic of the Internet

0 Likes
samulelo
Adept I

The problem Is Indeed CPU related but i'm not sure anymore if Is the CPU itself After i replaced mine  r5 1600 with a brand new 1600, but could Be something Killing the CPU performance, the stutter Is more evindent in CPU intensive game when loading new thing disabling Shadow atleast in fornite greatly decrease microstuttering but i never found a solution even After replacing different parts wasting money and time...

0 Likes
mittwaffen
Adept III

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9o9zyr/microstutter_every_minute_for_all_games_that_i/

So, ive done alot of research this isnt ryzen specfic, this is all OS specific and all processor. 
I've been gaming and it seems ALOT better, almost perfect for me these days.

However, i did download fortnite and the game was chopping hard...?. I have no reasoning for it, however... has an AMD engineer gotten back to you yet? We need to involve amd and microsoft into this.

Also, why are you running a 1600 @ 3.98 its prolly not fully stable in that case.
I also played with my memory timings and loosened them up a bit.

New bios are out for our board, try it out.

Also something to try
6 Ways to Fix Micro Stuttering in Games on Windows 10 - Windows 10 Skills

cacxius
Journeyman III

I don't have a 1600 it's a Ryzen 5 2600X and I didn't change anything on the processor so I think there is no issue with that or is there?

It's funny because I have a 1060gtx 6gb same as you and when I look on the Internet there are many people complaining about the same issue with 1060 6gb. Could AMD investigate that?

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

This BIOS update (if we're talking AB350M Pro4) is welcomed but I don't know if AGESA 1.0.0.6 has any improvements for 1st generation Ryzen processors. Can amdmatt​ comment on that? I will be contacting ASRock for a response, too.

I understand that stuttering isn't isolated to Ryzen, but it appears that Ryzen is disproportionately affected with newer builds (1-2 years) that have all the latest updates.

I have been working with amdmatt​ and he setup a test system whereby he did not encounter any system stutter. Whilst he didn't have exactly the same system, he was using a Ryzen 5 1600 and didn't encounter stutter on 1809. This is the strange thing, though. Many people do, and many people don't. After reformatting and trying so many disks, peripherals, motherboards, etc etc, I simply cannot figure this out -- unless it's an AGESA issue.

As Gigabyte didn't have the latest updates to AGESA when I tested with a Gigabyte DS3-H B350, it could potentially be entirely down to this. I tried the 1.0.7.2a (F1) and I believe 1.0.0.1a (F22).

For what it's worth, I encountered less stutter duration (and frequency) with a manual overclock to 3.7GHz/3.8Ghz. Which, for me, is stable after running Prime95 for a few hours, Cinebench, Superposition, Firestrike, etc. In the real world, I ran games such as CS:GO, League of Legends, Overwatch and a Virtual Machine running Linux Mint 19 (I think), with 6 logical CPU's and approximately 4GB RAM along side other tasks such as 15+ Chrome tabs, and other every day applications. During this time temperatures were stable, never exceeding around 40C and VRM temps (to the touch) were warm but never unable to hold my hand on them.

I have tried loosened timings with my G SKill Flare X 3200 CL14, as well as tighter timings. I did this on 3200, 3000, 2933, 2800, etc... The best performance was 3200 XMP profile provided by ASRock.

0 Likes