Re: Ryzen 5 1600 Microstutter

As in, reinstall Windows 10 on a partition, install Nvidia drivers and

ignore the chipset drivers and test. If it persists, try the Chipset

drivers and test.

0 Likes
samulelo
Adept I

It will continue to stutter for sure i already try with the ahci driver from amd and using the base microsoft ahci driver, today i downloaded cs:go and holy cow if it stutter like unplayable,then i try apex legend that use more the gpu than the cpu is actually playable so is sure a cpu problem but why? and how we can figured out why the cpu don't work properly i have already switch many part even the cpu once.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

I've changed the CPU over 5/6 times now. What the hell is this crap...

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

I am purchasing an Uninterruptible Power Supply. This is truly the last resort. I have spent £1,500+. It arrives tomorrow.

If it is the electricity, then I will sincerely apologise to all AMD, and voluntarily write up a post for them to stick for others displaying the same symptoms and how to potentially diagnose it.

If not, then I expect AMD to address this.

0 Likes
mittwaffen
Adept III

Im convinced its a software issue.

But who knows, if you email Lisa BTW it goes to her ECR support team to help you out.
Honestly, just send the system into them to reproduce. 

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

How can it be a software issue when:

I've changed motherboards 9 times in less than a year, changed GPU's and GPU brands back and forth, reinstalled each operating system (Windows and Linux) over different disks? The drivers will be completely different.

The only way this can be software is if it is the AMD Chipset drivers, which Linux doesn't install, and there's an inherent bug in the microcode of the processor. As others claim they don't have this issue, I am willing to bet it's electricity.

If it's not electricity, then yes, it *must* be low-level design and for some reason only a few are presented with the issue.

0 Likes
samulelo
Adept I

So does the UPS solved the issue?

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

The football is on at the moment! I will update you within a few hours.

mpw
Adept II

I tried CSGO but KBoost was enabled. It felt very good. I didn't encounter anything I could really say was 'stutter'. The UPS is plugged in, in a non-optimal way, but appeared to be okay in that sense.

I am now loading League of Legends, and trying with KBoost off. I am monitoring my frametimes. The max for CSGO was 5ms, but with no notable stutter. Which I was very impressed with.

The system overall 'feels' more responsive. Especially during login. I haven't optimised this Windows reinstall yet, so further improvements may still be available.

Leave this with me, I suspect it has helped, but I will do methodical tests shortly and over the course of the next 7 days.

0 Likes
flayd1
Journeyman III

what the "kboost"? How can off him?

0 Likes