cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

overclock98
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5 1600 Microstutter

I am having the same problem on my PC its been 2 weeks of hell since I built this PC unable to trouble shoot this problem? what do you think should be my next step? take the pc to the shop where I bought it from for a refund?

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

I would advise testing it in a separate location first. That way you can 100% rule out that it isn't your home/internet.

0 Likes
overclock98
Adept I

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

The standby memory? That is/was a known issue, however, I keep mine low/restart PC and it still happens.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

I have created a list of images of what happens during a stutter. You can clearly identify what is taking place during a stutter: Imgur: The magic of the Internet 

0 Likes
diasvinic
Journeyman III

I fix my problem, the things that I do: RMA from AMD of my Ryzen 5 1600, they send me another one. I change and the stuter keep happening, so I install a fresh windows 10 HOME and the problem ends. 

My setup now: 

B350 gt3 Biostar

Ryzen 5 1600

Corsair h60

2x4GB ballistix sport 2400mhz

RX 540 Aorus

HD 1TB seagate 

SSD 120GB Sandisk

0 Likes
diasvinic
Journeyman III

In another forum a guy delet the driver AHCI and the stuter ends if the same setup

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

Hi, diasvinic‌ -- do you have a link to this forum, please?

Because I wonder if the AHCI driver would be the same between Linux and Windows -- for me, it happens on both operating systems.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

I have now tried the ASUS B450M-A, the MSI B450 Mortar and all the previous boards listed. They all stutter with the original Windows install. However, I will proceed to install Windows 1809 from scratch and let everybody know the situation.

My guess? It will continue to stutter. I will try with stock drivers, and then I will advance from there.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

mpw, what do you mean by "stock drivers".  You should run ONLY MS supplied AHCI  drivers.  All AMD drivers should be DLed from the AMD Driver Download site.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes