cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mpw
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5 1600 Microstutter

But, like me, I assume you replaced for another Ryzen?

I have replaced Ryzen-for-Ryzen 4 times. It always happens.

0 Likes
samulelo
Adept I

Yes the same cpu ryzen 1600 for another ryzen 1600 as i can't afford to change mobo cpu and ram also if you replaced 4 cpu is really unlikely that is the cpu itself,

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

But, unlike you, I did change all of those things, too. 

The only 'model' that has remained the same in my system (but the physical component changed) for me is the Ryzen 5 1600. I tried different brands and models of everything else, and still the problem persists.

So, knowing this, you don't think the CPU?

0 Likes
samulelo
Adept I

I mean i changed multiple component too but one by one  and what i mean is that i did not try to change platform to intel.

Edit:Also i do think Is a CPU related issue but i can't Be sure if Is the CPU itself after i replaced mine 

0 Likes
mittwaffen
Adept III

Fixed. X470 + 2600X - partially... the stutter comes and goes but improved on ryzen gen 1.

I think there is a major flaw in b350s or the first gen ryzens that AMD is downplaying to avoid a recall or upgrade for people like us that pay close attention. 

If you go on youtube you'll see tons of ryzen users with this issue. The motherboard plays a small part in this with flawed power design; the second major flaw is the first gen CCX

I even heard AMD is working closely with MS to optimize their kernel for AMD cpus to improve performance (and likely reduce the issues with ryzen), from what ive researched the ryzen cpu when threads change around from CCX to CCX the cache data is sent into the ram then into the next CCX cpu L3. There is software to manage the thread changes per app to minimize this, but from what ive gathered off development forums; AMD is trying to optimize this aspect of their processors and windows. I think this is a major cause of hitching that we experience. 

Basically AMD has a minor design flaw from what ive read from software engineers and hardware designers; their aware of it. But for such a minor issue as hitching, they wont do anything for us. 
At the end of the day, I upgraded to give AMD one more chance before jumping ship; They passed, so perhaps the 2000 series improves some aspects the first gen lacked in. 

However I wasted more money because their company doesnt provide good support for customers with keen attention to detail. 
Apple for example, Nvidia (EVGA), provide very good support.

AMD could position themselves into a good spot if they started to put customers like us first and perhaps they may have to give swamps to some people once in awhile; but they would build loyalty and customers for life even if intel wins. Email corporate and complain.    I still have major issues with my rx 470 still and well, just gonna upgrade to a 1060 6gb and be done with them on GPUs; That was my third AMD gpu in 20 years, and their lack of support lost me as a GPU customer for life because of it. 

Engineering flaw without them providing support to the customer; Im sick of spending money to run in a circle on issues. 

AMD you have me for now with your cpus, but get your customer support together; enough is enough. 

overclock98
Adept I

I built a new PC just this week my specs are 

CPU RYZEN 5 2600X 
Motherboard MSI X470 GAMING PLUS 
Memory CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RGB 32 GB @ 3000mhz
PSU - CORSAIR TX850M 
OS Windows 10
BIOS Date 20181116
GRAPHICS CARD - ZOTAC RTX 2060

my fps spikes and my game micro stutters as well, I have tried reinstalling drivers and have tried xmp profile on ram 

0 Likes
mittwaffen
Adept III

I think theres a major issue with Ryzen cpus' or the windows 10 kernal with multicores.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

So your new setup is 100% stutter free now, mitwaffen?

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

mittwaffen, please see this thread.  As far as I know the scheduler problem only affects the new Threadrippers.  Enjoy, John.