cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thinkfast
Newcomer

Ryzen 5 1500x Failure after 5 days

The CPU after 5 days had died. Even before it died my earlier post suggests that it was overwhelmingly under preforming and getting beaten out by my old i5 5490. Is this a sign of me receiving a defective processor? Ive tested all other components other than my mob, ram, and cpu. I think it is my processor as my mob powers my gpu, the fan headers receive power, and the rgb comes on. I doubt that the 2 ram sticks failed on my simultaneously and ive tried them separate and in multiple spots. Furthermore my mobo has the ez debug leds and the cpu one lights up for around 3-4 seconds and then shuts off. the very odd thing is though that my display never turns on but also that my rgb keyboard turns on for a split second and then shuts back off. it does this normally with the i5 except that after it turns back on, not the case with the ryzen. I cant truly find out as I dont have a spare mobo, processor, or ram that supports ryzen. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

RMA to place of purchase.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

RMA to place of purchase.

0 Likes

What do I do if i do not have the boxes?

0 Likes

Then you'll have to go through AMD.

0 Likes

Thanks I have contacted them now

0 Likes

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes