Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

alitech
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 3950x High Temps

Jump to solution

Hi there

I have exactly the same problem here and I cant seem to fix it. When I change the header for the Kraken x72 to the AIO header, the post shows CPU fan error. 

I believe I am on the latest BIOS. 

0 Kudos
ryzen1988
Adept II

Jump to solution

You're pump broke down probably. Listen if you can hear I'm or feel water moving. But the header error is not without Reason

0 Kudos
racevthme
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

For me, the problem was Cabinet top cover blocking Cooler Master ML360R RGB fans. Once I removed that piece, temperatures fell from 95C to 75C under heavy load.

0 Kudos
anthonyrae
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

If you use corsair Link then set your fans to performance 

I just bought Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-fi) board & a ryzen 9 3950X. My temps went nuts on idle temps were 75+  to 90C+   

So i re sit the processor re applied MX-4 thermal compound 5 times the heat went nuts. 

So as a last ditch attempt to not hit my PC with a sledgehammer. I went into Corsair Link software and set my temps to performance setting    from Quiet turbo performance. And soon as I did this my temps fell down to 30C idles 56C under load I set my processor to basic defaults 3500 clock it has been ruining stable ever since Crossing fingers LOL.

Using Corsair H110i GTX water cooler 280 Rad.

I hope this helps people cause i was very angry at the temps I could have easily broke a brand new system. 

I also went into BIOS and made my profile as CPU max settings for fan since it was a water cooler and you do hear the fans but I can live with that rather than not having a PC. 

For me it looks like a Programs fault. I don't know what would happen if I uninstalled the Link software and just used BIOS it's ruining the now so not going to take that chance.     

Manual pictorials very small unless you use a magnifying glass  or have 20 20 eyesight you can not read it I wish Asus screw the nut for a change that not every user has perfect eyesight. 

Using Windows 10 64bit version 16gb 3200 mem GSKILL 

0 Kudos