cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Unodediez
Adept I

RYZEN 3900XT: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WIFI
Mainboard-BIOS: 3003 (Stable)
CPU: Ryzen 3900XT
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum CMT32GX4M2C3200C16  3200 MHz, 32GB (16GB x2)
Drive: M.2 Corsair Force MP600 1Tb + M.2 WD Blue 1Tb
Graphics: Aorus Master RTX 3080
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 A-RGB 80 Plus Gold 850W Modular
Chipset driver: 2.10.13.408 (released 19/10/2020)

- The PC reboot randomly, happens irregularly again and again, sometimes after minutes, sometimes longer. Doesn't matter if load or not.

- CPU temperature between 30 and 40 °C
- Updated to BIOS and chipset driver mentioned above: Problem still exists
- XMP Profile disabled (RAM on 2133 MHz): problem still exists
- CMOS Reset: Problem still exists

This is frustrating i dont know if the problem is the cpu, the motherboard or the RAM.

Also i tried to check the stability of the ram with the cpu using the prime95 test but everytime i run the test, boom, reboot again.

0 Likes
3 Replies
JoltCola
Adept III

This is the very common WHEA reboot issue. Symptoms are WHEA errors in Windows event logger, and reboots with a black screen (no bluescreen) at idle or near-idle. Try a beta BIOS with AGESA 1.1.9.0, there are some indications this helps. I'm up to 2 days stable now with it.

0 Likes

@JoltCola 

Thats is the actual version i have installed (beta version) 3101 that say "Updated AGESA code to ComboV2PI 1190".

Actually everytime i run a Prime95 test, 3 sec after run, pc automatically reboot

0 Likes

Ahh-- if you can trigger a reboot with load, it's a different issue entirely. The issue that may (or may not) be fixed with AGESA 1.1.9.0, you can run prime95 all day long just fine, then you stop the load and it crashes.

0 Likes