cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lolyko
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3900X voltage

Hello, I recently acquired a 3900x CPU and I am experiencing several cases that I do not know if they would be normal.
The first is the high idle voltage, while idling the voltages do not drop below 1.38v, ranging from 1.44v to 1.38v, although I have to say that this is caused by the iCue software. But deactivating this is not an option for me, since I have several Corsair peripherals, including an AIO.
The other is that even with software that requires few resources, such as browsing Chrome, or playing videos with Windows Media Player, it causes the CPU to be set with frequencies of 4.35 and voltages of 1.45v.
I don't know if all this is normal, or something strange happens that I would have to configure, or something.
The equipment is 3900x cpu, and Aorus Master X570 motherboard, Ram Gskills 32GB 32000Mhz cl16.
In BIOS everything is configured from stock, except the XMP profile that is activated.
Everything is up to date and the energy plan I use is Ryzen balanced.
Greetings and thank you very much.

0 Likes
2 Replies
antek_k
Journeyman III

So it is perfectly normal but if you are aware of high voltages you can try to change some settings in bios. 

I made -0.1 offset on CPU Core voltage in bios. It didn't affect performance but decrease temperaturers slightly. You can also check Windows Power Plan. Ryzen Balanced is a recommended one. 

0 Likes
kennyxy
Adept II

Hi i get why you might be conserned , i have locked my ryzen 3900x @1.44V but mine has 12cores .

no problems yet. CPUID 

0 Likes