cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

xtr3mer
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3900X experience with XMP 2.0?

Anyone out there who can share his experience with a Ryzen 3000 CPU (preferably the 3900X), an x570 mobo (preferably the x570 AORUS XTREME) and memory running with XMP 2.0?

Is it stable for you with XMP 2.0 enabled (either XMP 2.0 profile 1 or XMP 2.0 profile 2)?

Please also post your RAM model and if you are using profile 1 or profile 2.

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

nope not working here 3700x , x570-f , gskill 4400 z gold, I'm not sure but i think ram voltage is not setted correctly that may be why it's not working ... but entering timings and setting ram voltage to the demanded values by hand takes 10 seconds

intel or amd , I usually have problems with xmp ... sometimes its just about a bios update , but in fact setting timings and appropriate voltage by hand is easy, and it only does what xmp should, nothing more

0 Likes

Ok thanks, good to know!

0 Likes

I have a lot of experience with DDR4 memory. Generally the BIOS on an AMD box has an option to set the memory to any speed desired. Lower speeds have less wait states and generally are more stable.

I override my RAM and have very good memory bandwidth.

Some issues with my BIOS prevent me from fine tuning the memory. Yo AMD.

0 Likes
silicont
Journeyman III

I've got an AORUS x570 Pro WIDI (similar...maybe) BIOS F6b and a 3900x, stock settings except XMP Profile 1 / Level 1 enabled, memory @ ~3200 Mhz (CPU-Z reports 1596.8 Mhz) and ultra fast boot config.

Stable under benchmark / stress test (I've been using Superposition and CPU-Z), gaming and Adobe Creative Suite for 10 days now. Also seems stable with AMD's "Precision Boost Overdrive" or "Auto Overclock" on.

Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 kit.

Cheers

0 Likes