cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

barth
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3800x idle at 3.6 GHz

I just build a new pc, everything fine and dandy, but i noticed the fans where quite loud, so i checked the temps and found out that all cores of my cpu where always at 3.6 GHz.

reading on the internet i found out that most people say it is due to overclocking locking the minimum frequency, but its fresh out of the box and not been messed with in any way. (reset mobo defaults)

the only thing i have that managed to change something is enable Cool n Quiet in the bios, but that only lets me set a limiter in energy management and it wont work dynamic like it is supposed to, so the minimum cpu usage is the maximum % set in energy management.

I have tried to fiddle with clock speeds in the bios but that doesnt change a thing, the straight up changing the multiplyer just doesnt do anything.

build:

NXZT h710i

mobo: MSI X470 gaming plus

vid card: msi gtx 1070 gaming x

memory: 32gb 3200MHz corsair LPX

psu: seasonic 650 plat

cpu cooler: 62x kraken

the cpu itself works fine, cinebench run was withing most 3800x scores and when se to normal speed the temps are great.

but running 3600MHz all the time at 45/50 ish C doesnt seem good for longevity of my hardware. also the noise of the fans.

If anyone has any idea what could be wrong i will be glad to hear your suggestions.

0 Replies