cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ausgrey
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3700x Reboots with auto settings on asrock x570m pro 4

Ive just recently built a new system with a ryzen 3700x with an Asrock X570M Pro4 with 64gb ram and a 500gb nvme boot drive plus an additional 6tb hdd for mass storage with a Radeon 5700XT. My memory modules are 

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 2400MHz CL14 DDR4 which i have in matched pairs.

the build went fine and it all boots up no problem, however a few things are happening that i don't understand, firstly when i boot up the machine, in the bios my cpu voltage is all the way up to 1.45v doing nothing at 50c which to me is quite concerning but i figured it would go down in windows after installing drivers ect but unfortunately i can never get into windows because my system reboots with no bsod or anything. my ram and all hardware has been thoroughly tested and passed no problem but this is where it gets interesting. I have a silverstone 850w PSU which is brand new and just to be sure i also tested with an antec HGC 850w to rule out psu issues. in the bios if i set the voltage of the cpu to 1.3v and have the frequency set at 3.6ghz it will boot perfectly fine and run all day no issues, but as soon as i turn on ryzen master or have the bios set to auto, the voltage is way to high and i cant get to windows due to it rebooting over and over. the fact that it works at forced stock settings seems odd and i may be missing out on turbo boost ect due to have it run at a fixed frequency. i thought it could be an old bios so i updated to v2.30 but no luck, the same issue persists, does anybody have a way i can fix this or have the same issue, its driving me crazy

3 Replies
TinyDinosaur
Journeyman III

This is currently happening to me. Same CPU, same board, same RAM. I also got a NVME M.2 disk. Boot is slow. When I change settings on the motherboard it does not boot even to the bios. Whenever I got it to work, sometimes the disk does not appear as a bootable drive and also my settings are all reseted.

same problem with r7 3700x here, only fixed ratio helps (x42), board is MSI mpg x570 edge wifi. Tested also with MSI gaming plus x570.  not even with bios stock settings able to install windows, PSU and other components are checked. Help what to do? RMA to AMD?

0 Likes

Solution: PBO - Off ; CBO - Off and fixed Vcore and Multi. example : 1.35v with x41 multi helps to be Stable.

CPU dont work with UEFI stock settings.

CPU is RMA. send it back to AMD.

0 Likes