Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JavierIsassi
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 3700X - Random Freezes + BSODs At Idle

Thank you for the post.
I have a AsRock B550 Steel Series with a Ryzen 3700x and a GeForce GTX 1080 G-SKILL 2x32 GB 3200 DDR44.
And for 2 months
the PC randomly rebooted or gave assorted bugchecks BSOD in total random fashion.
The PC worked flawless for 3 weeks after assembly and then started failing.
We replace the video card: No Go.
We replace the mother board: No Go.
Memtest86 passed with flying colors.
Then I stumbled on this post yesterday.
I increased the the CPU Voltage from 1.2 to 1.4 and it appears more stable (at least for one day).

0 Likes
JavierIsassi
Journeyman III

Spoke too soon. It crashed again. I am disabling eco-mode and bringing DRAM voltage from 1.2 to
1.35V and cross my fingers. It happened when the PC was idle.

0 Likes
JavierIsassi
Journeyman III

I tried to increase the G-SKILL DDR4 3200 Voltage from 1.2 to 1.35 and crashed right away while running 3DMARK benchmkark.
Why the Asrock B550 BIOS detects my RAM a 2666 instead of 3200 is anyone's guess. XPM makes it worst.

0 Likes
JavierIsassi
Journeyman III

We replaced the 3700x CPU with a brand new one.
We set the Asus B550 BIOS to defaults and fire up the pc.
It froze within 24 hours while idle.

Seriously, what is wrong with this CPU?

0 Likes
a-zander
Journeyman III

I would try resetting everything to defaults and see if it runs stable.   If you can go for a few days with out any freezes then try setting the RAM speed to 3200.   If you start getting freezing, then try backing down the RAM speed to 3000.

I have the 3700x CPU on an MSI B550 board with 3600 speed RAM.   I had to manually drop the RAM speed down to 3200 but once I did that, my errors and freezes went away.   I also had zero errors with MemTest.

0 Likes