cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

slasherathem
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3700X overheating to 90 degrees and shutting down

I have just installed Ryzen 3700X in new PC. CPU does not have a fan or cooler yet because i'm still waiting for thermal paste delivery. After turning PC up, CPU temp reaches 90 degrees (194 Fahrenheit) in 20 seconds in bios and shuts down. I didn't even manage to install windows or anything. Is this only because of missing cooler or is something wrong with CPU.

Image link: https://imgur.com/a/30wAUmt

0 Likes
1 Solution
xlox
Forerunner

lol seriously ...

don't start your pc without a cooler and thermal paste applied correctly please ... of course it's THE problem .. you said it yourself : "overheating" !

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

lol seriously ...

don't start your pc without a cooler and thermal paste applied correctly please ... of course it's THE problem .. you said it yourself : "overheating" !

0 Likes

i used intel i7 4770  without cooler for 7 years. Never had a single problem with overheating on idle, that's why I think this is weird.

0 Likes

this is not possible, in fact seeing what you say , i don't have enough info , or something is wrong with what you say , you can't run your CPU without a CPU cooler, that's all :)

0 Likes

This has to be a troll post...  Once many moons ago, for $hit$ and giggles I powered on my PC without a cooler (during the install with the MB outside the case on a box) to see how hot it really gets...  Flip the power on, touched the CPU, burnt my finger enough to nearly blister, and flipped the power off...  no more than 3 seconds total.  There is no way to run a CPU for years without a cooler.

QB

0 Likes

I did. Well its dead now but it made it this far. It was not direct cooled. My case had 2 front fans, 2 top fans and 2 back fans and 1 fan on each side. So heat outtake was good. Thats all.

0 Likes

in fact i said it's not possible but yes , it's possible but clearly it's not intended... and what a waste ! lol

cpu can't be used at it's capacities at all and clearly reducing it's lifetime

in fact it should throttle at a certain point , so practically immediately , and could/should shutdown if temps gets to high too ... don't know how much it can hold like this ... but yeah ... a big waste of performance and cpu damaging , how could you do that for 7 year , explain more no gaming ? just web browsing ?

in fact there are , of course , video about people making that "experience" on youtube lol

0 Likes