Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

owisun
Adept I

Ryzen 3700x massive problems

Hello.Ok,need help!

Asus strix x470-i and Ryzen 3700x bios 2304-2406

Yesterday I got my new 3700x and after bios update from 2304 to 2406 i put the new processor in and the problems started like never before!

- My g.skill 3200 cl14 is set to 2133 at 1,2v any attempt to oc d.o.c.p or manual is an instant crash and no boot only after clear cmos!

- Even if i don't touch anything in bios I cant read the temperatures with any program: nzxt cam, corsair icue, hwinfo u name it! Mabye just in Ryzen master and even there I'm not sure 50 degrees in idle??? (nzxt x42 140 mm aio push'pull).

Performance is lower in any benchmark vs my old 2700x!

Also, I have another g,skill kit 3600mhz cl16 also b. die but the same story!

Have you guys had any problems with the new ryzen 3000?

What i miss here ? Any help is appreciated, thx!

0 Likes
4 Replies
swaccelerated
Challenger

Try the looking to AMD Reddit.  I have found some good troubleshooting done with similar motherboard CPU combos on there.

0 Likes
prashantem7
Journeyman III

Yes i am having BSOD's like once every hour or two hours and i i  yet to find the culprit behind this. I am using Corsair 16gb Vengeance LPX * 2 (32GB) at 3000mhz (OC) Is it because of overclocking the ram?

0 Likes

Most likely your ram oc unstable. Try Ryzen ram calculated or if that's more effort than you like, lover your ram speed and/or use auto ram timings.

0 Likes
ihatesnow
Journeyman III

I have an Asus strix B450-I Gaming with G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 CL14 and a 3700X. I ran into the same issue when activating the DOCP.

I had to clear the CMOS and let the PC boot with the RAM @ 2133/1.2V then go into the BIOS, select DOCP and iteratively manually set the memory frequency at increasingly higher frequencies, starting from 2400 (voltage 1.350). I had to use a small increment eg +66 or +133 MHz at each iteration otherwise the PC would not post and I would have to start all over again. I can reach 3400 14-14-14-34 but decided to keep the RAM @ 3200.

I left everything else on default settings for now, temps are all over the place (50 - 55 idle, in a Dan Case A4 with the Asetek 645 LT AIO) but I adjusted the fan curves. Running the latest available BIOS (Asus 2602 / Agesa 1.0.0.3ab) and AMD drivers. It's stable but of course I'm not happy with the temps (Cinebench R20 reaches 88 degrees, in games it's 78-79 degrees).

Anything I've tried around deactivation of PBO and XFR, undervolting, limitation of the TDP  etc... in BIOS or RM has not yielded any significant improvement.

I'm waiting for custom cables to arrive, then I'll rework my cooling setup to see if I can gain better temps. In the meantime, I run with default BIOS settings except RAM profile and fan curves. I have Windows on Eco power plan and AMD Ryzen Balanced. All the monitoring software (HWMonitor, HWInfo64, GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner and even Ryzen Master) seem to activate the cores somehow and cause temps to rise and fans to spin up to counter that.

I also have a MSI B450i  Gaming Plus, the situation is also pretty bad with that mobo, although not as bad as with the Asus: idle temps are at 44-45, XMP worked immediately but it exhibits the same behaviors, just with slightly lower temps (perfs are a little bit better as a consequence).

0 Likes