Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mikki79
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 3700x is way too hot

I did find this strange chart on overclocked3d. https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_ryzen_7_3700x_ryzen_9_3900x_x470_vs_x570_revie... 

Somehow this chart shows the 3700x reaching 44c on an X570 board but 63c on an X470. Probably something wrong with the chart,... but I hope not. I hope these CPUs can be made to run cooler somehow.

0 Kudos
kirby
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I am having the same problem with my Ryzen 3600x on a MSI B450 tomahawk motherboard with a Hyper 212 EVO. Ambient temps in 20-30 C range and still getting an IDLE temp of 50-60C. Updating to 1903 right now to see if that helps, but so far screwing around with the power plans have yeilded no results. Talking to MSI support now and will offer any developments or advice given here on forums. GLHF 

0 Kudos
onepunchgus
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It wouldn't, I manually put my voltage to 1.36 on the 3700x and Cinebench performance was about 1000 points higher than my Ryzen 2700x. 

0 Kudos
ionstorm
Adept I
Adept I

At least we have the same temps though on water. And yeah most reviewers are in America and have Air Con. 

0 Kudos
ionstorm
Adept I
Adept I

I think the temp readings are incorrect on some boards, I've seen / heard these issues on an X570 board also, I mean I'm on a X370 CH6 though so I'm not sure if it could be that, but I have noticed my VRM heatsink is much hotter than before. 

0 Kudos
mikki79
Adept I
Adept I

The 44c on that chart was definitely bullcrap.

I got the Gigabyte X570 itx board installed and the temperatures are more or less the same. It's been warmer today, over 30c in my room. Haven't felt like using the PC much, I don't really want a PC blowing hot air at me when it's already hot in the room.

Anyway X570, same temperature as X470. Obviously I didn't buy the X570 for that. I just needed a 2nd motherboard so I can put the 2600 in another PC, might as well be an x570 board. Sure glad I didn't buy a 3900x (too expensive for me anyway), or who knows, maybe it runs cooler since it uses 2 chiplets so the heat source is more spread out.

0 Kudos
mikki79
Adept I
Adept I

I think that hurts single core performance, but multicore stays roughly same as with "Auto" voltage.

With default (Auto) Voltage I got 503 single core 4885 mutli core score in Cinebench R20, with 1.35V override I got 462 single 4805 multi. These scores are probably a bit lower than normal because of how hot the CPU gets. (3200Mhz memory speed)

-0.05V offset didn't hurt performance that much, 499 single, 4840 multi... but it didn't really help temperatures much either, maybe 1-2 degrees at best.

0 Kudos
advanced3
Adept I
Adept I

3700x on a kraken X62 and my load temps, idle voltages and idle temps all suck. 

0 Kudos
advanced3
Adept I
Adept I

The new NZXT Cam software preview allows Ryzen 3 temp monitoring for fans now. 

https://blog.nzxt.com/preview-the-newest-version-of-cam-and-help-nzxt-make-it-better/

0 Kudos
sqwerty
Adept II
Adept II

Load temp of 44°C is not possible without sub zero cooling (and there's your somehow ), that's an error for sure.

0 Kudos