Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

donkiknog
Adept I

Ryzen 3700x 90ºC on idle.

Hi!

As you can imagine with the title, I can't turn on my PC because if I turn it on, the CPU just melts.

I checked if the Liquid Cooling was badly installed and no, it's ok. I also tried with my old cooling, an Enermax Liqmax II 240, and happens the same.

My Specs for more light:

CPU: You already know it :3

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570

Liquid Cooling: NZXT Kraken x63 (280mm, both fans exahusting)

Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic

And I think this is all the relevant stuff here.

Can be the CPU or the MoBo broken or something? I'm starting to be a bit desesperated.

I attatch one pic of the temperature on the BIOS.

Thank you all.

8 Replies

Normally when I see that type of situation it is a bad contact between the CPU Cooler and the processor ( bad installation) or a defective CPU Cooler.

Did you check your AIO Cooler pump is working and you can feel liquid circulating in the hoses from the pump (one hose, output, will be warmer than the other, input)?  No blockages or leaks?  Radiatior's Fan airflow is not being obstructed.

Try something, when you power up, gently and very carefully put downward pressure on the pump on top of the Processor and see if the Temps goes down immediately. If it does then that indicates a bad installation or poor contact between the pump and processor.

Are you still able to install the AMD Wraith Prism that came bundled with your CPU. If you can, install the Wraith Prism and see if the Temperatures are just as high on idle. If the temps are normal or lower than that would indicate your AIO wasn't installed correctly or is defective.

All of the above to make sure and eliminate a defective or incorrectly installed AIO CPU Cooler. Before checking if you have a defective Processor or Motherboard.

Also the Maximum Operating Temperature of the Ryzen is 95C. When temps start to reach or has reached 95c the Processor starts to throttle to lower the temps to 95c or below otherwise it will shut down if it can't.

Also I noticed that the AIO Fan is running at Maximum 1830 RPM so it does recognize that the CPU is overheating.

EDIT: Also I would "Enable" in BIOS CPU_FAN Failure Warning. That way you will get a warning if the CPU Cooler fan stops working.

Hi!

You are remembering that, when I put off the pump of the AIO it gets stucked to the processor and I have to be very patient to take it out, it makes a strong suction cup effect which with my old i5 and same old AIO (The Enermax one) didn't happen while it happens with the Ryzen with both AIO, so, Do I think that if it is doing that it's because there is good contact between the CPU and the AIO Cooler? I don't know.

About if the coolers are OK, when I touch the pump, or the tubes of the AIO, one is warm while the other is cold, which I assume that it's ok because it is a circuit. I tried the thing of apply mannualy a bit of pressure on the pump with the old AIO and the temperatures where just the same.

Thank you very much for your response!

0 Likes

hello,

when the system is idle, what is the CPU usage ? It should be less than 5%.

With Ryzen Master, can you check the speed of all cores, Vcore and Vsoc ?

Do you use CPU_OPT (Water Cooling CPU Fan Header) to connect the Kraken Fan to motherboard ?

Hello,

It's low, I dont know how much but it was low.

Yes and no. I'll explain myself, right now I don't have the PC connected because when I turn it on, the Windows Startup set the CPU close to 100º, and I don't want to see that again. What I can remember is that he was around 1,2v(or 1,3v, but more like 1,2v) if I'm not wrong.

I use the CPU_OPT to connect the Water cooling pump and the CPU_FAN connector to connect the radiator's fans.

Thank you for your help!!

I recall a previous thread here at AMD Forum where another User had almost the same type of issue. I also thought it was due to the CPU Cooler. But I believe what he did was change some BIOS settings that affected the CPU and it start not to overheat anymore.

Try this by changing in BIOS this setting:  [Advanced CPU Settings] called [Power Supply Idle Control] and change the value to [Typical Current Idle]

Also see if you can temporarily disable PBO in BIOS which tends to automatically overclock the Ryzen.

NOTE: Try installing the Air CPU Cooler that came with the processor and see if it continues to overheat.

I believe your pump is not working when you mentioned that on the input hose was "Cold" and the other warm. Both should be warm but the output should be slightly warmer. If one hose was cold that indicates no liquid is flowing into the pump. Because the radiator can't remove all the heat coming from the liquid from the CPU thus the Radiator should be warm and the Radiator's liquid output should be warm but colder than the input liquid to the Radiator.

Ryzen Master Game Mode Stress test: 68º YASSSSSSSS!!!

Thank you!! 

The problem was that I don't know why, if I connect the pump directly to the MoBo it didn't works. I noticed this switching the pump connector between the SYS_FAN and CPU_FAN connectors, and noticing that it always was 0 RPM in the BIOS. I connected the pump to the PSU aaaand fixed, right now, on idle, 40~º, 18% usage 50º and 100% usage 68ºC.

So, thank you all so much!!

Thank you for the feedback donkiknog, it's good to known for pump connection.

qbtheslayer
Challenger

I am pretty sure the Kraken fans are meant to be controlled by the unit itself, based on the liquid temp.  And that the pump connection should be attached to the CPU header with that set to 100%.  Having an AIO's fans controlled by the "CPU temp" is really not an ideal setup.

QB

0 Likes